COB Interviews

this image is too small, and i don't have it in bigger, and I don't know the date of this interview

metalhammer_cob.jpg

http://http://www.inferno.fi/haastis-alexi-voi-todella-hyvin-3325/

So, Alexis ulcer got bad while he was hanging out in USA. (So thats confirmed now)
He spent 5 days in hospital but is now back in Finland and both Janne and Henkka says that he looks better than in years!
Janne actualy says that it might have been a ''good thing at this point'' so kind of wake up call for him.
Also, tour plans are not gonna be affected by this in any way.

I'm very happy to hear that!
Now my only, selfish, concern is that by the end of the tour he's tired and doesn't perform as well.

But I'm being a negative dick. He'll be fine.

So, Alexis ulcer got bad while he was hanging out in USA. (So thats confirmed now)
He spent 5 days in hospital but is now back in Finland and both Janne and Henkka says that he looks better than in years!
Janne actualy says that it might have been a ''good thing at this point'' so kind of wake up call for him.

Just read the small interview. Not only is Alexi doing good right now, in the next Inferno which will be published 25th of February we will have an interview. Yay! I understood that originally they were supposed to have an interview from Laiho but now its gonna be Henkka and/or Janne. Won't promise to translate it yet, thank me afterwards if I do it ;P

Quick google translate :

"Relentless Reckless Forever" is from 4 to March, CHILDREN OF BODOM inspire community. We heard some experience in London and made it also feels like half the band relevant sentences for the work from the nose to draw.

After just one run in the impressive giant-Metropolis Studios one can "Relentless Reckless Forever" in particular say that the COB formula combines the same aggressiveness, virtuosity and progressiveness. The improvements are marginal. In 'Shovel Knockout' flirt a few quasi-blast beats, a nagging Alexi Laiho (g / v) and the bombastic sounds of keyboardist Janne Wirman with symphonic black metal style. The cool of a video accompanied the first single "Was It Worth It?" is a mid-tempo banger with howling chorus, and probably the longest lean into Kreators' People Of The Lie '/' Phobia'-overheating terrain on which the Bodom are willing . Fittingly, there's in 'Round Trip To Hell And Back' and 'Ugly' other quite catchy choruses. The expected rather silly digipak bonus cover version 'Party All The Time' (the original 1985 Drew sang Eddie Murphy) tries Alexi shows no genuine vocal lines, which leads but Mustaine-moderate croak. Sc [...]

Thanks for the brand good news. Nice to read that. :)

Rock Hard feb.2011

Metal Hammer feb.2011

translation Metal Hammer (translated it with the google-translator and corrected the mistakes i've found, so there could still be some mistakes in it but i hope you understand it anyway:D):

On 8 March it is finally done: with RELENTLESS RECKLESS FOREVER Children of Bodom will publish their seventh studio album. Metal Hammer was at a first audition in London, duly impressed from the new album of the Finns. Alexi Laiho and Janne Wirman about the best solos, real storms and the danger of the bar.

The British representatives of the record company are trying to flay strong impression for their charges Children of Bodom. They achieve this in the impressive rooms of the Metropolis Studios in London's Chiswick without much effort. Here, Iron Maiden and Led Zeppelin, but even Queen, Madonna, Eminem and Lady Gaga recorded here, among many other stars. Right at the entrance cameras, mobile phones and recording devices were collected before the press flock was fed into the control room. There is a several-meter-long mixer, where are these blasphemous question in mind whether most buttons are not just for decoration.
Only Janne "Warman" Wirman is unimpressed. "We are all wiped out," complains the keyboard player. "Our local label put us in a hotel without hot water, but plugged directly to a construction site prior to our windows. . We didnt get much sleep for days "Alexi Laiho has caught it yet harder: after 3 months in Los Angeles the singer and guitarist always falls back to the eyes because of his jet lag. Fortunately, Relentless Reckless Forever proves to be a true pick-me-up. The 9 songs and the bonus cover race very entertaining from the powerful studio system. Without throwing her last bite and the mangy shown aggression over board, the Finns tied in with the old virtues: epic melodies go down like a flock of herring into the net, with a lot of guitar and keyboard solos. "Alexi has brought back the melodies," says Janne, while the guitarist affirmative nods and turns around on the couch. "And I'm damn proud of the best solos of our band history." The duo is not lacking on self-confidence. They can afford to: Their new album makes an excellent impression straightaway. Maybe the work with another producer has made a fresh breeze. Matt Hyde sat at the controls, who made himself an name with his work for Slayer and Monster Magnet. Janne especially counts the choice of the studio to their recipe for success. Instead, as usual, for example, incorporated in Helsinki, Children of Bodom, retired to the countryside this time in the Petrax studios. "In the province we were able to fully concentrate on the music," the keyboard player has recorded, what Alexi comments with a grunt. "In the city, and especially in Helsinki, we are too close to our families and friends. Despite all good intentions we permanently end up in the bar" The quiet life took a sudden interruption,when Finland was plagued of fierce hurricane winds in the summer. "At first we thought it was pretty funny as a kind of tornado reared on the horizon," said Janne, and the guitarist smiles half asleep. "We all went out and took a look at the spectacle. But suddenly rows of trees buckled around. And a heavy-weighted trailer scraped along the ground, we were really uncomfortable. We then ran quickly back into the house. "Fortunately, all the musicians were unharmed, but the power was out for several days. Relentless Reckless Forever was apparently not harmed by the disaster. Soon this fresh fin wind blows out of your speakers ...

The sample: Relentless Reckless Forever

Not My Funeral
To get started, the Finns serve classic thrash style ". The old Trinity from Alexis croak and grunt, melodic twin guitars and baroque keyboard sounds with a modern sound comes back into favor. Finally, the finger may start again on solo trip on the fretboard.

Shovel Knockout
On deep bass drone and rude string scrubbing follows a furious outburst. First Alexi whipes the song without mercy and with a lot of bile in his voice. The keyboards keep up with a particularly beautiful melody against it. The highlight is a keyboard solo by Janne.

Round Trip To Hell And Back
For a change, the foot off the accelerator. In a medium speed, a relatively typical Children of Bodom number is celebrated. From the death melody drifts through the piece from the solos in rock fields. Matching, Alexi vocally holds back a little. A smooth hit.

Pussy Foot Miss Suicide
A desert Groove attack drives the adrenaline immediately into the air. The guitar work is very rhythmic, and drives with crashing staccato. Janne nevertheless expresses his keyboard melody through this thick wall of sound. The hardness in spite of all the elements flow together elegant.

Relentless Reckless Forever
The title song starts with a brutal punch to the Twelve. Then it's the snappy midtempo something more restrained. The Finns fall out of a sack full of melodies and dazzle then with ultra heavy metal blues. The Friends of the solo strings and keys themselves deliver a rich exchange of blows.

Ugly
Get in with a sample (like some other songs too). Thereafter, the rotor head is fired up and dissolved by continuous speed change from the equilibrium. The refrain is heard several voices shouting, while screwed up the note density. In the guitar solo suggests a true rocker heart.

Cry Of The Nihilist
The move seems well camouflaged, or just the one audition to be located not easy. It unfolds a lively interaction: In the multi-faceted song, deadly fire takes life as well as melodic moments that are slightly reminiscent of Running Wild at their best. It fits perfectly.

Was It Worth It
The first single release offers a tough duel between Alexi and Janne. It is a raw and without gloves thing. The opponents circling behavior, but aggressive. Alexi rüpelt with the guitar, which Janne counters rocking. The guitarist counters again with another thrilling solo.

North Pole Throwdown
The last regular song is somewhat out of line: First, the bass plays the leading role. Then the guitars tear eagerly marching forward. In the chorus brags a shouting choir , and the keyboard stands out with rhythmic keyboard-hammering in electro-style. There's Moshpit alarm.

Party All The Time
The bonus track brings to light the typical cover-humor of the Finns: an old Eddie Murphy hit
from the eighties, written by Rick James put through the meat grinder and a metal tasty crust baked. The result makes a really good mood.

Thanks Gorehound!!

It seems that we get a mix of BD (trash) with the melodies of .. well, all previous albums. Except maybe even more aggressive.
I'm happy to see Northpole Throwdowm being a bit more bass oriented. Henkka deserves his time to shine and since bass solos hardly ever work, this would be a good compromise I think.

Very interesting, though all reviewers seem pretty psyched about WIWI, which I found fairly unimpressive. Luckily, the samples from Shovel Knockout are extremely promising.

Round Trip To Hell And Back
For a change, the foot off the accelerator. In a medium speed, a relatively typical Children of Bodom number is celebrated. From the death melody drifts through the piece from the solos in rock fields. Matching, Alexi vocally holds back a little. A smooth hit. [

=\...
thx for the info and the translate