COB Interviews

jve87we.jpg

mhjkjk.jpg

A few interesting points, there:

- "He has a style that brings together mad sweep picking with a manic vibrato bar style and on Relentless Reckless Forever, Children of Bodom’s seventh album, these techniques inform all ten tracks." --> Apparently, Alexi is bringing sweep picking back to the major role it used to have in his solos, which is kinda interesting. Also my favorite guitar technique.

- We had all these f-cking gigs and this f-cking asshole just bailed out on my ass. --> So much for no bad blood between them and Ale... I wonder how he'll react to this interview (if he ever gets to read it in the first place)?

- "You know the band Europe? I had their compilation. I put that on and just starting riffing on that album. I had a great f-cking time doing that. I just liked playing along with it." --> I'm really surprised Alexi actually listens to Europe. Coincidentally, they used to be my favorite band before COB.

- "“Not My Funeral” has a pretty brutal riff, but off the bat you also hear the keyboards. How did that song come together? I don’t even know if that was the first song I ever wrote for this album. I don’t know. I guess it’s a gut feeling. I guess that’s the key word. Don’t f-cking think. Just do it. Do it by your f-cking gut feeling. It was a Slayerish thrash metal riff."

Also interesting to read that Janne deals with managers, and Henkka takes care of merch. I didn't know that.

Interesting read the guitar interview, pro questions deserve pro answers as you can see. Also the guy who interviewed Janne got some out of the ordinary and interesting questions even tho he didn't even know who composes the music.