COB Pics

na i think its his older guitar cause he has 2 if im right and one has the booster,while the other is just the SD blackout

ohh and sorry for double posting

I was there and both of his guitars had EMGs. The logos were too short to be HZs or Blackouts. Also I think Roope either covered some other pickups or put in J50BCs in his EMGs because they just had black covers with no writing (the jackson logo tends to wear off) and his guitars didn't sound like ass. Alexi had a decent lead tone but his rhythms sounded like shit. Stone had badass tone.

^(to a post you made the previous page): Alexi has only one Pink ESP.

I was there and both of his guitars had EMGs. The logos were too short to be HZs or Blackouts. Also I think Roope either covered some other pickups or put in J50BCs in his EMGs because they just had black covers with no writing (the jackson logo tends to wear off) and his guitars didn't sound like ass. Alexi had a decent lead tone but his rhythms sounded like shit. Stone had badass tone.

I highly doubt the Alexi Fin had an EMG as it has no booster. And the pink one has an EMG HZ-2.

damn what happened to his endorsment with Duncan ?????????????????????????????????

I don't have a fucking clue. I mean, atm he has this ESP guitars:

ESP Scythe original (EMG HZ4+MM04)
ESP Sawtooth original (EMG HZ4+MM04)
ESP Arrowhead original (EMG HZ4+MM04)
ESP 2nd Scythe (SD Blackout)
ESP 2nd Sawtooth (SD Blackout)
ESP Alexi Fin (don't have a clue but doesn't have booster so I supose that Blackout)
ESP Pink Sawtooth (EMG HZ-2+MM04)

So I don't have clue about what happened.

:lol: Technically I don't know, I just have browsed through the pics I have (they are a fucking shitload, but I always fancy diving in a folder of Alexi's guitars pics :lol:) and as I haven't seen anything that provedd me wrong and yes many pics that proved me right I have written that. But I can't KNOW what lies under the SD or EMG pickup cover of Alexi's guitar. As well as I can't KNOW if the MM04 things Alexi has are MM04 or JE-1000.

^(to a post you made the previous page): Alexi has only one Pink ESP.

I highly doubt the Alexi Fin had an EMG as it has no booster. And the pink one has an EMG HZ-2.

Um, no. Alexi's pink one has had a blackout in it for a long time now. He even shows the blackout in it in the instructional video. However since they have quick connects he swapped them out with EMGs at some point, because thats what he was using at Sauna. The logos were definitely the EMG active ones, because they were shiny and too short to say EMGHZ. I could see it quite clearly from where I was standing. EMGs.
n12811166_33944315_71.jpg

The pic I have of the yellow one is too small online to show the logo clearly but you can see it there on the pink.

^That'd make absolutely no sense because he has 2 guitars (his new Scythe and Sawtooth) without gainbooster, so if he didn't want to use it he could just take those. Because gainboosted isn't something you plug and you're done, it's soldered and all stuff.

He could be using the guitar rigged for the Gainbooster without actually turning it on. :p

Thanks!

I hope Gilly gives us a great report too.

Um, no. Alexi's pink one has had a blackout in it for a long time now. He even shows the blackout in it in the instructional video. However since they have quick connects he swapped them out with EMGs at some point, because thats what he was using at Sauna. The logos were definitely the EMG active ones, because they were shiny and too short to say EMGHZ. I could see it quite clearly from where I was standing. EMGs.
The pic I have of the yellow one is too small online to show the logo clearly but you can see it there on the pink.

I've got a pic of Alexi's yellow guitar from last friday, the one is a bit smudgy but the clear one didn't show the mics, seems that Alexi had to actually play the guitar :p

Saunaopenair2008044.jpg

Saunaopenair2008045.jpg

I've seen that (well, I've guessed from the pic), but I don't get why he'd go back to the EMG HZ without booster like on Tuska 2003, although I prefer that tone over the one he had during AYDY tour. But I don't get it, his tone at Namm was amazing, why didn't he keep that?