CoB Punk? Huh?

Missiles

Confusing avatar! :O
Jan 2, 2004
Approachin'
I was reading an interview to Alexi Laiho from somewhere on the Internet, and then I read this:

How would you describe your band to an alien?

-Punk Rock from hell!

That shocked me a little, I think punk is far away from the innitial idea CoB ( Something Wild, Hatebreeder... ). What do you think?

Hello. . . .
Ramones, Billy Idol, and if you saw the new DVD, his favorite rocktron setting is called "Punk Rock," Plus the Dead Kennedey's cover, Prolly "Too Drunk to Fuck" and more than likely a Sex Pistols Cover

Yeah, i saw that interview as well, and also was rarther shocked. I would have thought Punk to not exactly be one of Alexi's fave genres of music. But whatever turns you on I guess.
Ive tried getting into punk perviously but to no avail. I truelly cannot see what people see in it. But i guess punks would say the same about metal.

Day_Before_Dawn said:
Ive tried getting into punk perviously but to no avail. I truelly cannot see what people see in it. But i guess punks would say the same about metal.
Well, i like more metal than punk rock, but the PR i lsten to is not shit. I mean, most of it is just whining about this or that, "fuck the government" nonsense. Thats what i hate about it. But I play it for now, mostly because i am not good enough for metal, and the only metal around my home town is stuff like Cannibal Corpse and Deicide, and i don't care much for the satan rock.

try downloading a few bad religion songs, and Oxymoron. and Rancid is still good i dont care what people say.

fuck badreligion. Download Strung Out or Belvedere for good punk! And please try to download Strung Out - Bark at the moon. Even if you dont like punk, download bark at the moon. its amazing!!! fucking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I get surprised when ppl get surprised that Alexi loves punk. I see the influence, esp. on HCD. Although it's true there isn't much on the first two albums.

Remember, Alexi grew up with punk and glam rock and shit. It's his roots, long before he encountered heavy and black metal.

You guys never caught on that? Heh. Read the lyrics, simplistic, very rhythmic, punk rocky....

bobvex said:
Well, i like more metal than punk rock, but the PR i lsten to is not shit. I mean, most of it is just whining about this or that, "fuck the government" nonsense. Thats what i hate about it. But I play it for now, mostly because i am not good enough for metal, and the only metal around my home town is stuff like Cannibal Corpse and Deicide, and i don't care much for the satan rock.

try downloading a few bad religion songs, and Oxymoron. and Rancid is still good i dont care what people say.
YOU FORGOT PENNYWISE HOMO!!!!!! :mad:

:loco:

It's a fuckin' inside joke of the band! C'mon guys, don't take everything so seriously. Especially when it comes to a CoB interview. :p

COB are 100% a Punk band. Janne said in an interview about the Needled 24/7 video: "It sucks when a Punk band has no control in their own video. It just sucks."

Mammoth said:
How could you not mention THE MISFITS! Glenn Danzigs glory days! All hail SATAN! Hello mr. Devil! Hello mr. Devil! Hello mr. Devil!
:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:
Hell yeah! You beat me to it too! Misfits was the band that got me started with guitar, and it's nearly the only punk band that I still enjoy.

But what's all this about Alexi and Janne classifying their music as punk??

Who cares if they have punk influences, you like it dont you. punk rock got me started with guitar too, and then i got into ACDC and Classic Rock, and then i heard Children Of Decadence and I was like, holy shit, i need to get that good at guitar.

Mammoth said:
How could you not mention THE MISFITS! Glenn Danzigs glory days! All hail SATAN! Hello mr. Devil! Hello mr. Devil! Hello mr. Devil!
:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:
Also happened to be Glen Danzigs ONLY days (or at least should have been.) the misfits influenced a ton of metal bands out there. theyre music was so harsh, evil and entertaining. i mean comeon.....who doesnt want a devillock?