What music does COB actually play?

guitarist968 said:
i dont know about their new stuff but i've always considered SW, FTR, and HB power/thrash metal with black metal vox.

its obviously power metal because of the famous power metal chord progressions and the insane guitar/keyboard solos.
...I think the same...

Sinnsation said:
SW=Thrash'ish/Speed'ish Metal
the others Heavy Metal
AYDY=Hardcore/Metalcore/ :puke:

Metalcore?? do you even know what metalcore sounds like?

"During the first few years the band made a couple of demos and played some gigs around Helsinki area. Also the musical style of the band has gone through a lot of changes during the first years. They started as a Death/Thrash band, but after a while they started to play their current Black/Death with lots of classic Heavy Metal influences." - http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2006/main-bands/billing-2006/childrenofbodom/

It's heavy metal, with a mix of power/black metal...i don't like the idea of them being punk rock...i hate all type of punk that exists!!!

lost_within said:
i don't like the idea of them being punk rock...i hate all type of punk that exists!!!

Good, because there really isn't any punk influence. I think the biggest influence on them is black metal. His vocals are (well, were, I guess) just so...black!

*beat starts*

I like black vocals and I cannot lie
You other brothas can't deny
When a metalhead walks in with fast tremolo pace
And corpse paint all over his face
You get sprung....

Maybe I should stop.

There's a few punky riffs. Like The Nail intro, I think it is.

Also, a riff in Hatebreeder reminds me of Greenday. Obviously it's limited but everytime I play it I think of them.

From what i read Alexi said he was bassically doing whatever the hell he felt like. Thats when you can tell if your for real or not. Cause if you have no genre your creating a new sensation so to speak. Thats why I think they were so big. Besides if people couldnt think outside the box everything would sound the same. Like all these new bands.