What music does COB actually play?

originally: powermetal meets melodic death meets punk
now: Tut farting on a snare drum

theyre most certainly not black metal...and just because alexi says theyre a type of music doesnt mean they are. if he told you they were a baroque influenced satanic polka band with a touch of african tribe drums.....would you belive him then as well??

Their style has varied from album to album.

Something Wild - Neoclassical melodeath w/ higher vocals than death but not black metal
Hatebreeder - Neoclassical melodeath (same vocal dealio)
Follow the Reaper - Power melodeath (same vocal thing)
Hatecrew Deathroll - Futuristic melodeath (?)
Are You Dead Yet? - Metalcore/Melodeath (more screamo like screaming)

thanx for your responses to this topic.
is now clear that COB doesn't play only 1 style of music, they have played different styles.
thanx again for your answers.

dilema1362 said:
just because alexi says theyre a type of music doesnt mean they are. if he told you they were a baroque influenced satanic polka band with a touch of african tribe drums.....would you belive him then as well??

I disagree. It's his band, whatever he wants to classify his own music as is his choice. Although I agree he does appear to have no idea what kind of metal is what, but that doesn't change the fact that he has the rights to choose the genre of his own music.

ViolentForest said:
I disagree. It's his band, whatever he wants to classify his own music as is his choice. Although I agree he does appear to have no idea what kind of metal is what, but that doesn't change the fact that he has the rights to choose the genre of his own music.

You_win_the_prize.jpg

Pointless but fun...

Something Wild - Neo-classical Melodeath Punk With Black Influence
Hatebreeder - Speed Neo-classical Melodeath With Black Influence
Follow The Reaper - Speed Neo-classical Melodeath
Hatecrew Deathroll - Speed Melodeath With Thrash Inluence
Are You Dead Yet? - Melodic Neo-Thrash

I know nobody really gives a fuck what what it's called they play (me too) but heres a statement from OMGALEXI about this:

"I would like to call our Music just Heavy Metal, but for most people thats not enough. Call it Death-Thrash-Speed-Punk if you want but don't call it Power Metal. Power Metal are Bands like Hammerfall and we're really not playing the same sound as Hammerfall"