Norther - Unleash Hell

HateCrewDeathroll

Child Of Symphony
Nov 12, 2002
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? I have Dreams Of Endless War and it's damn good. Then I get the Unleash Hell single from Spinefarm and I'm let down. The song sucks so much ass, and I'd like to see if anyone likes it, and if so why?

The Offspring "Smash" cover is cool as hell, but one problem with that, it came out right after COB decided to cover a punk song. Norther needs some original ideas because everytime I listen to them, I think to myself how Petri trys to be Alexi with the hair, the voice, the songs. IF they did something that was original and unique, I might have more respect for them. Is the new album good compared to Dreams of Endless War?

PS - Something wild I've realized. Released is the 3rd track on the album. It ends with guitar solo, key solo, guitar solo, key solo, then guitar and key solo to end the song. Hatebreeder is the 3rd track on hatebreeder, and it ends with guitar solo, key solo, guitar solo, key solo, and then guitar and key solo to end the song. Sorry to ramble on about something so stupid, but it's just an observation I had. When COB has an awesome ending to Hatebreeder, Norther goes ahead to copy the formula. Dammit, I like Norther, but I can't get past the similarity.

Please, I would like someone to help me find some unique things about Norther. Everytime I think of Norther, I think of COB. Can someone HELP??!!!!!!

Sorry man. It's repetitive and boring. I just don't like it. Dreams is an awesome album for the most part. Solos are great and everything. Unleash Hell is just too repetitive and slow.

My comments make sense to me and anyone who agrees with me. They don't make sense to you because you disagree. Compared to most of the music I listen to, Unleash Hell doesn't provide me much excitement. The lyrics are fuckin stupid as well.

Norther needs some original ideas because everytime I listen to them, I think to myself how Petri trys to be Alexi with the hair, the voice, the songs.

True, it sucks.
But Norther rocks anyway, maybe 'cause its so much like COB :D

Norther will never get as famous as COB if they continue copying COB (or "being influenced by COB" as some people say). Who are Norther anyway? Outside Finland they are pretty unknown. In important Metal countries like Germany not many people know (and need) them. They didn't tour outside Finland and so they don't get much attention. COB for example did 2 European tours for their first album and so they got known pretty fast in Europe.

In my opinion, Norther doesn't sound like COB at all - not at least on their latest album, Mirror of Madness. They can be put in the same genre, that's for sure, but they DO have their unique style. But to be honest, it's obvious that they are influenced by COB. How many of you guys knew that the COB guys are singing backing vocals on many of their songs and that Ale helped them out to get their first rehearsal place? And yeah, sure Pete copies Alexi in hairstyle and vocals. Alexi is the only metalsinger I know with long hair and growling vocs.

That's just so fucking pathetic how you try to find similiarities between these two bands.

HateCrewDeathroll said:
PS - Something wild I've realized. Released is the 3rd track on the album. It ends with guitar solo, key solo, guitar solo, key solo, then guitar and key solo to end the song. Hatebreeder is the 3rd track on hatebreeder, and it ends with guitar solo, key solo, guitar solo, key solo, and then guitar and key solo to end the song. Sorry to ramble on about something so stupid, but it's just an observation I had. When COB has an awesome ending to Hatebreeder, Norther goes ahead to copy the formula. Dammit, I like Norther, but I can't get past the similarity.

You can't be serious! Solo battle IN THE SAME TRACK NUMBER??? That's the biggest ripoff ever - despite that they sound nothing alike.

And in addition, who gives a flying fuck if Norther is famous around the world or not as long as they make good music?

Ugh! :Smug:

Zarok666 said:
Norther will never get as famous as COB if they continue copying COB (or "being influenced by COB" as some people say). Who are Norther anyway? Outside Finland they are pretty unknown. In important Metal countries like Germany not many people know (and need) them. They didn't tour outside Finland and so they don't get much attention. COB for example did 2 European tours for their first album and so they got known pretty fast in Europe.

NORTHER DOES NOT COPY COB.
You are pretty evil if you talk shit about Norther, my friend!

Yeah, COB its the best COB style band (maybe not anymore. HCD its a new style for COB). But shit. Apart from COB, there are loads and loads and loads of great bands. I do not try to change the people minds saying COB its the best band. BAHHHHH :yell:

Ah. And COB and Norther are friends, men...

Norther has great young musicians imho and after the third of fourth album they'll find their own sound...and Unleash Hell is one amazing song I don't understand how somebody can not like it...