cob tab book?

guitarist968

Jan 1, 2005
i've looked everywhere and cannot seem to find a cob guitar tab book, so i doubt they exist.

any idea when (if ever) they would release one? i'd love to have a book of cob's songs for me to learn on guitar without the hassle of internet tabs and playing every note by ear...

No idea, probably never. But Alexi and Janne were supposed to release a guitar/keyboard lesson DVD this summer.

b2a7ad48.jpg

news from japan.

SHINKO-MUSIC, the publisher of Young Guitar, plans to release the guitar tab book.
It is called "The SCORE 08 ALEXI LAIHO", which is one of the guitar score(tab) book series, each featuring one guitar hero, like VH, yngwie, paul gilbert.
and to be released this month.

the book includes ...

[CHILDREN OF BODOM]
Towards Dead End
Downfall
Follow The Reaper
Bodom After Midnight
Hate Me!
Needled 24/7
Hate Crew Deathroll
Living Dead Beat
Trashed、 Lost & Strungout
[SINERGY]
I Spit On Your Grave

Note: this is NOT the band score. Only guitar tab.

If that's true, and it's Japanese, it'll be full of errors.

Even if there was A Bodom tab book released, doesn't mean that'd be correct either, unless Alexi/Roope/Janne sit and write out all their parts.

On the Jan 06 Young Guitar DVD, there's a solo played by Corey from Trivium, and they tab it out wrong in the book, so don't assume even when they're on the screen, that they get it right.

<-Warheart-> said:

Even if there was A Bodom tab book released, doesn't mean that'd be correct either, unless Alexi/Roope/Janne sit and write out all their parts.

On the Jan 06 Young Guitar DVD, there's a solo played by Corey from Trivium, and they tab it out wrong in the book, so don't assume even when they're on the screen, that they get it right.
id still like to see how correct they are though.

Hated^ said:
Google is everyone's best friend.

But...
maybe he should deal with it.

All i hear is "i dont want the hassle of sitting at home, typing 'sixpounder tab' and learning it. I'd rather go out ot the store, pay $20, drive home and do it"

<-Warheart-> said:

I did notice that as well.

I only actually noticed it the other week, and I've had it since Jan.

But yeah it's pretty bad that the book that comes with the DVD isn't even correct. Same as some Guitar Techniques thing Paul Gilbert did, he sits there in the studio and plays the song perfectly, but then they get some other guy to tab it, how pointless.

CliffBurton said:
maybe he should deal with it.

All i hear is "i dont want the hassle of sitting at home, typing 'sixpounder tab' and learning it. I'd rather go out ot the store, pay $20, drive home and do it"

Yes I don't understand the attitude either to be honest.

i have no problem using internet tabs, but they can often be wrong or incomplete. i'm not saying a book would be perfect, especially the solos, but it would probably be somewhat close.

and with programs like guitar pro, it can be a pain in the ass learning a full song. you either have to sit at your computer with a guitar and keep scrolling up and down to different parts, or waste a shit load of ink and like 25 sheets of paper printing the tab.

i'm not trying to have an attitude or be lazy like some of you are saying, i just thought a somewhat accurate cob tab book would be cool.

<-Warheart-> said:
I only actually noticed it the other week, and I've had it since Jan.

But yeah it's pretty bad that the book that comes with the DVD isn't even correct. Same as some Guitar Techniques thing Paul Gilbert did, he sits there in the studio and plays the song perfectly, but then they get some other guy to tab it, how pointless.

I find it coincidental that in the Ozzfest Guitar World (not sure of the month) they also tabbed a Trivium part wrong in the book, even though it was played right on the DVD.

Yeah it's a let down really. I think it's great that some guitarists put up tabs on their website, some in some tab editor or actually written out by themselves and scanned on, at least you know that way they're perfect in every way, unless the rhythm hasn't been notated.

The Spastic Ink guitarist has a tab section, it's great.

Yeah, with all honesty, the tabs from the tab thread here are the best CoB tabs you're ever gonna get.