Best way to learn a song?

Unless it says you need to (would've been h2 or 2h or whatever) - no. With a pattern like that i usually don't use pick for the first note, but pull the string with my tapping finger so it get's into position as a bonus :)

2 - point finger, 5 - pinky hammer, 12 - tapping (google it it's easy)

I'm confused with this... is this with the picking hand? Yes?

Well you've got your index finger on that 2nd fret, then you hammer onto the 5th with the pinky, then tap with the right hand and that's it. Tapping is effectively just hammer-on + pull off, but with your picking hand.

1) My first finger is on the 2nd fret of the 4th string.
2) I do a hammer on with my pinky on the 5th fret of the 2nd string.
3) Then I use my picking hand to pluck the string at the 12th fret of the 4th string. Is this correct?

Do I do a hammer on with the first finger to the 2nd fret of the 4th string?

Best way to learn a song is to get smashed out of your head, so you can't even spell your own name, then beat the living shit out of that guitar, wearing only boxers, while your friend is serving the beer... all ear memory, no notes. It's fun, if you don't believe me then try it out.

1) My first finger is on the 2nd fret of the 4th string.
2) I do a hammer on with my pinky on the 5th fret of the 2nd string.
3) Then I use my picking hand to pluck the string at the 12th fret of the 4th string. Is this correct?

Do I do a hammer on with the first finger to the 2nd fret of the 4th string?

basically this
+ you want to hold the pick while tapping, hence you better tap with the middle finger. Instead of hammering the 2nd fret you can initiate the lick with your picking hand either by pick or by tapping.

Last edited by a moderator: