cob tab book?

i have no problem using internet tabs, but they can often be wrong or incomplete. i'm not saying a book would be perfect, especially the solos, but it would probably be somewhat close.

and with programs like guitar pro, it can be a pain in the ass learning a full song. you either have to sit at your computer with a guitar and keep scrolling up and down to different parts, or waste a shit load of ink and like 25 sheets of paper printing the tab.

i'm not trying to have an attitude or be lazy like some of you are saying, i just thought a somewhat accurate cob tab book would be cool.

I totally agree with you man...I hope they release a tab book soon...

Gutar World tabs (don't know if this has been posted before) - does anyone know how accurate those tabs are? In the February 2009 issue there was a tab for "Blooddrunk" along with an interview with Alexi/Roope. The tab looks OK to mee, but is there som kind of "quality level" as opposed to the "do-it-youself-tabs" at e.g. Ultimate Guitar http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/?

I think you should firstly check the tabs on the Tab Thread. For example the Blooddrunk tab was note to note the same as the official one released later on. If there's something you can't find, then try 911tabs.com or something..

I think you should firstly check the tabs on the Tab Thread. For example the Blooddrunk tab was note to note the same as the official one released later on. If there's something you can't find, then try 911tabs.com or something..
OK - thanx (sorry for me being lazy) - I will check the thread (but I of course already have a brick load of Bodom tabs printed out at home... :headbang: )! I thought it was interesting to read Roops'e advice in the Guitar World article as how to play (accentuating the downstrokes "the Roope way") an so on...

OK - thanx (sorry for me being lazy) - I will check the thread (but I of course already have a brick load of Bodom tabs printed out at home... :headbang: )! I thought it was interesting to read Roops'e advice in the Guitar World article as how to play (accentuating the downstrokes "the Roope way") an so on...

You've got guitar pro? You have the guitar fret board and the piano and the programme shows red where to put your finger so you don't have to know how to read notes. I find it way better than reading notes.. I mean if you're good enough to play by reading the notes just like that, you should rather practise to play by ear and not by tabs. :p

You've got guitar pro? You have the guitar fret board and the piano and the programme shows red where to put your finger so you don't have to know how to read notes. I find it way better than reading notes.. I mean if you're good enough to play by reading the notes just like that, you should rather practise to play by ear and not by tabs. :p

Yeah - I got Guitar Pro (and have the "fretboard window" on) - it is helpful... The problem is that I find it a bit uncomfortable sitting in front of a computer playing guitar (especially a "V-shaped" Laiho style guitar). So when I find a good tab I print it out using Guitar pro, put it on a shelf or something and play standing up. I can play along looking at the the tabs whitout looking at the guitar fretborad for a bar or so, then I try memorizing , then repeat, until I nail a few bars... (takes quite a while - I'm not that good...:oops:).
Sometimes I play by ear (Yngwie Malmsteen stuff works alright, slower stuff like the first album - but this is mainly practice since I am not a hard core Yngwie fan...)

Yeah on the Total Guitar and Guitar World Needled 24/7 tabs they screwed up the main riff. They said to hit the last note of each section twice but Alexi does a let ring/1/4 step bend.

----5----------
5-8--7--7-8-5- is what it's meant to be but they said go

----5----------------
5-8---7-7-7-8-5-5-5- (played on 2 D and A strings)

Yeah on the Total Guitar and Guitar World Needled 24/7 tabs they screwed up the main riff. They said to hit the last note of each section twice but Alexi does a let ring/1/4 step bend.

----5----------
5-8--7--7-8-5- is what it's meant to be but they said go

----5----------------
5-8---7-7-7-8-5-5-5- (played on 2 D and A strings)

If you listen closely to CD, you can actually hear that that note is played twice.

If you listen closely to CD, you can actually hear that that note is played twice.

No I don't think it is. Alexi plays it like I said so thats how it is on the CD. If you think about the let ring you can hear it when you listen to the song and if you think about the note being hit twice you hear that when you listen to the song. Try it

Are you fucking kidding me, at once I searched for COB lyrics, I found three different lyrics for one song! o_O

Thus proving Google is capable of supplying mutiple options for your search of lyrics. Google doesn't search through all the lyrics of one song and then decide which ones are the most accurate, that's your job. You asked it to search for lyrics, and it did. Blame the retards that upload multiple versions of the same song, not the search engine. ;)

Googling for COB lyrics is as retarded as looking for a wife from dementic old people's home.

Not really, how else do you get them? I googled them and found some offical ones, on scythes of bodom.

Most of the versions are peoples opinions or what they hear. I like to look at a few then decide for myself. I think the Children Of Decadence ones are accurate-ish, only some versions though

Not really, how else do you get them? I googled them and found some offical ones, on scythes of bodom.

Most of the versions are peoples opinions or what they hear. I like to look at a few then decide for myself. I think the Children Of Decadence ones are accurate-ish, only some versions though

I'm talking about the songs which never had lyrics published.

Children Of Decadence like Follow the Reaper have official lyrics on cobhc.com, in my understanding. Also the lyrics of Tie My Rope, Blooddrunk, Are You Dead Yet? and Living Dead Beat were only released on cobhc.com.

This is COB, not Death. Alexi doesn't care about most of his lyrical content, why should you? Especially when the lyrics posted by fanboys are way off and hardly correct in English vocabulary at all. You can make out better yourself, unless you're a total half-wit.

Some of COB's lyrics are cool and even insightful, like I personally enjoy the lyrics of Everytime I Die and Downfall for example. But most of it goes something like: I'm angst, Fuck you, I hit my knee on the table, go away! It's actually more interesting to listen to for example Hellhounds On My Trail where vocals are quite prominent yet lyrics unreleased.

I actually think Alexi knows which of his lines are cool and which are not, and the better ones he usually sings more eloquent so you can understand.