CoB theme

hehe i guess u were bored when did this !:zombie:

Yeah. . . . pretty much, but I like doing stuff like that. But had I not been really bored, I probably wouldn't have started. Now that I started though, it's cool, and I want to finish it soon.

That's awsome! I didn't know you could actually make your own. I never even bothered to look at it. The only thing i change is wallpaper.

That's awsome! I didn't know you could actually make your own. I never even bothered to look at it. The only thing i change is wallpaper.

Yeah, but to make your own you need an icon/cursor program. There are some freeware ones out there, but right now I'm using Icon Developer Pro and Microangelo Studio. The Microangelo program has basic paint-esque controls, but it's also got a pretty cool way to use graidients (where one color fades into another). That program does icons and cursors, but the Icon Developer is pretty handy for converting pictures to icons because it adds an option to the right-click menu on them.

Anyway, I think I finally finished the guitar cursors and the scythe cursor. The problem is deciding what is going to go where. I was thinking that maybe the scythe could be the main cursor and then crossed scythes could be the busy cursor. Maybe for the different resizing cursors I could use the guitar at different positions (for instance, the black guitar horizontal and vertical, the white guitar diagonal both ways, and the guitars crossed for the move cursor).

I downloaded your themes, but they didn't seem to work completely. Neither one applied the background in the picture, but they did change the color scheme. Did your themes include anything else? I tried to extract the files to see what was in them, but it wouldn't let me.

I think I'm nearing completion of my CoB theme. All I've got to do is finish up those guitar cursors and make the wallpaper. I was thinking of using a big photo-mosaic of a bunch of band pics (live stuff, album covers, pretty much anything and everything CoB) as the wallpaper when I was done with my theme. What do you guys think?

oh yeah. i forgot to say that you have to go google search the album image. i'll edit my last post

Well, here's what I've got so far: CoB theme files (6 icons, 3 cursors)

I'm still working on the other cursors and I'll do the logon/logoff sounds last, they'll be easy. Tell me what you think so far, and especially tell me if there's anything else I should do.

I can't view .ico files

Do you have Windows XP? If so, you should be able to preview them with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (if you tried to edit them it would open them in Paint, but that's really not good for editing icons). At least, if you moved the icon to a folder set to view pictures as thumbnails (I think this is the default setting for My Pictures) you would be able to see it. If none of that works, you could just assign it to something and see what it looks like, then change it back.

Anyway, like I said earlier, there's not much left for me to do except for those stupid guitar cursors (for resizing), but they're proving to be a real pain in the ass. Maybe I'll get done with them soon, but I don't know.

Does the link even work...every time i try, i end up opening a new window and end up right here in this thread....

Ummm, I'm not very good at using comps. How do I get the scythe cursor into the thing where I can change my cursor? It just has the default cursors in there, and not the ones I just downloaded.

Ummm, I'm not very good at using comps. How do I get the scythe cursor into the thing where I can change my cursor? It just has the default cursors in there, and not the ones I just downloaded.

When you're in the mouse properties, and you've gone to pointers, click browse, and then find the folder you saved them in. by default it shows you C:\Windows\Cursors, but you can go to My Documents or wherever they are. If you saved the ones i made, then you'll have to unzip them first. Just right click it if you have windows xp and the right-click menu should have an option that says "extract all."

Yeah, definetly make the scythe as your cursor. Either that or a reaper with the scythe.

Sorry, Lady Laiho, but a Reaper with a scythe would just be too hard to do in a cursor, but I would if I could.

Well, I lied again, but this time it's good. I tried to make a reaper with a scythe and I think he turned out pretty well. Now, I'll use the reaper as the main cursor, and when the computer's busy/working in the background, I'll have blood drip off of his scythe. I think the regular scythe cursor will be used for text select, maybe, and the guitars will remain as resize cursors once I finish them.

Here's the updated Cob_theme-files.zip. Make sure to Right-click and "Save Target As" or else it won't work.

I pulled every pic off of cobhc.com (excluding thumbnails, banners, etc.) and I think it came up to like 370 or something, not nearly enough for a good photo-mosaic wallpaper, but for now I used the same program to cross-fade the original picture (semi-transparent original on top of mosaic, so it kind of adjusts the color.) with the mosaic. It still needs a bit of tinkering/playing around with so I know what settings work best when I make it again, but for now this'll do.

YAY! You made the reaper with the sycthe! Your computer must look so cool now....nothing but Bodom. I bet your room is Bodom themed too, isn't it?