COBOT: The Album [NEW THREAD]

I recorded the intro riff with both and I hated both. :lol: Fucking zirkonflex, what a bastard, his tone is AWESOME!!! GRRRR :D

COBOT: The Album

COBotthealbumcopy.jpg

THANKS TO SWABS FOR THE ARTWORK

Tracklist

CoBOTalbumBACK.jpg

\,,/Download\,,/

Tabs

01. Lowberg - Bottom Of The Barrel
02. Flappy - Reprisal
04. Mystique - Dusk Intertwined
05. Tim Merrick - Slow Demise
08. Dave - Blacken
09. Warheart - Resurrection Of The Dead

Thanks to Warheart for uploading the album and tabs!
Thanks to all you guys who put in the time and effort to make this!

Ensi, here's my credits:

dave100 on guitar
Alexander Cherepushak on bass/back vocals
Mikhail Savel'ev on vocals

Downloading to listen like NAO.

^I don't NEED it, it's just a cool addition.

Well, If I dig it up somewhere I'll send it to you so you can add it to archive later.

@Ensi: LMAO at your song, funny idea. Sped through the whole album sounds kickass, will go through the whole thing again laterz.

Good job everyone!

I was just wondering why didn't you include my song? Well, maybe next time then..

Good job everyone!

I was just wondering why didn't you include my song? Well, maybe next time then..

I didn't know for sure if you wanted it to be in it, you might have had another final mix or something.

Anyways, to you, and to all others, if you want to get your song on, you must PM it or else I won't notice it haha D:

I can't believe you used the gangsta font!!! hahaha.

credits for track 6 is: eveningninja on vocals.

COBOT is prety gangsta

Short résumé by me:

Too bad Snowy didn't mix and mastered it. I only like the mastering of 1 or 2 songs.

Jose: This is the best song I've heard from you. Thumbs up! Guitars could have a bit more attack though but overall good mastering!
Flappy: You definitely need some compression and bass in your song. Otherwise I really like your guitar tone and really nice playing. Drums are too weak though.
Crazy Aus: Really bad mastering if you ask me. Sounds like everything is in mono or something. Because of this it's hard to hear all the instruments really clean.
Zirkonflex: Best guitar tone! Really good mastering and nice song. Best song on this album imo
Mitch: My favorite song was definitely the one from the second album. It's a nice composition and all but I don't know. I think your other songs were definitely better. But insane playing again. The middle part was great. But: I don't like your guitar tone (especially when I heard Zirkonflex's tone before :D)and the mastering could be better.
Mystique: Your best song so far! Really nice! Only thing what I don't like is your shitty bass
Derpsicle: Also a really nice song! Reminds me on my old black metal days. The melodie at around 2:40... is this from He-Man the movie?
Ensi: Nice guitar tone and the best mastering after Zirkonflex' song and nice drums. But I don't know really if I like your song or not... Should listen to it later again. End is great though!

All in all it's a solid album. Not better than the previous ones but for the next album I would suggest one person should make the drums for all songs (like Ensi or Zirkonflex or anybody with SD), one the bass (there are a lot of good vst's out there guys!!!) and one the mastering (Snowy du faule Sau :p).

Maybe some of you guys should check out Andy Sneaps forum. Those guys really know how to mix and master songs and there are a lot of tips and tricks how to produce a great song

Faggot postjumping me

^^You can thank Mr. Lowburger for the mastering on mine :)

And yeah I really need to get my ass over to the Andy Sneap forums. Also, is the download pictures borked for any of you? Dropbox seems to have died or something.

Anyways, thanks to Arcane for the kind words, im downloading now so embrace shitstorm !

Oh, im sorry for me being the ass in terms of deadline, I tried to send ensi a message via phone but I failed :)

/ah jo, fucked up.

I think mastering is something I really need to start looking into, because I don't even know wtf it is. :lol: I just pan my guitars and that's it, I don't know what else to do!

My tone is ok for playing over songs for YouTube but for stuff like this where it's just my guitar, it's crap.

^Same here :lol:

I just throw on a random compressor and call it a day :erk:

Just started lurking Sneap for real, and holy fucknut it's alot to take in at once (loldurr).

I think mastering is something I really need to start looking into, because I don't even know wtf it is. I just pan my guitars and that's it, I don't know what else to do!

Ditto. I'm too lazy to do anything about it though. I guess that's how mixing/mastering engineers make their money *shrug*

:lol: super mastering Andy Sneap style (I'm still amazed at the overall tone of their Metallica mockery "Mastered By Muppets") is indeed quite tricky, but you can do quite well on your own with some minor tweaks. E.g. Audition has some easy to use compressors/eqs/etc with some nice preset patches that you can tweak a bit and get it sounding a bit better. Ensi has both the dry and the tweaked version of my song for this album and will be able to tell you that there is indeed a very noticeable difference, and it's minor tweaks. Of course you can also go all the way like Andy Sneap forum people, but that'll take some time to learn, in the meantime you can practice with those things.

Also, after I've had dinner I'll do my review of the album :kickass:

Jose: This is the best song I've heard from you. Thumbs up! Guitars could have a bit more attack though but overall good mastering!

Thanks! At first I had left everything dry but then I decided to work on it a bit and it came out ok I guess for Line 6 recording and that :) Now that I listen to it yep, guitars could have more attack, but as this one came out more "rock and roll" compared to the others I used a really low distorted preset. I'll work more on the next one, and I also intend to try VST guitars, like recording the dry signal from the Toneport and then putting some stuff on top, seeing the great results Dave gets.

I think mastering is something I really need to start looking into, because I don't even know wtf it is. :lol: I just pan my guitars and that's it, I don't know what else to do!

My tone is ok for playing over songs for YouTube but for stuff like this where it's just my guitar, it's crap.

You could always send me your individual song tracks, ill have a go with it and tell you what I did.
General EQ and the right use of compression is the key for something like cobot where you don't wanna spend 5 hours on mixing.
A 10 band master EQ would have really helped a lot of the Cobot songs in recent years and could have been applied in minutes :D