code666 POLL - upcoming releases

vote for the most waited upcoming release

• VOID OF SILENCE - "HUMAN ANTITHESIS" (may04 - code666)

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • DIABOLICUM - "VENGEANCE" (winter04 - code666)

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • AGHORA - "FORMLESS" (winter04 - aural music)

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • THEE MALDOROR KOLLECTIVE - "A CLOCKWORK HIGHWAY" (sept04 -code666)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • MECHANICAL POET - "PRATTLES AT THE BACKWOODS " (october04 - aural music)

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • CANAAN - "UNSAID WORDS" (november 04 - code666)

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • SOUNDBYTE - "SOUNDBYTE" (september04 - amaranth recordings)

• PLEASURE & PAIN - "Exit Gate" (may04 - dreamcell11)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NEGURA BUNGET - "Still untitled" (begins05 - code666)

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • ACT NOIR - "Automatisme Physique" (dec04 - amaranth recordings)

• THE AXIS OF PERDITION - "still untitled" (begins05 - code666)

• DIABOLICUM - "The Church Of Moloch" (winter04 - code666)

• VV.AA. - "Better Undead than Alive 2" (spring05 - code666)

• MANES - "still untitled" (spring05 - code666)

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters

Emi

underdog
May 10, 2002
imola - italy
code666.net
hello, here's a POLL where you can vote for the most waited upcoming release, the one you don't want to miss at any cost. (we decided to include also upcoming releases from the other aural music sublabels like dreamcell11, amaranth recordings and goregorecords)

Better Undead Than Alive is the code666 compilation with unreleased tracks and new tracks from all the bands on the label.

I'm looking forward to Void of Silence the most right now. But the new Negura Bunget, Manes, Thee Maldoror Kollective also interest me.

NB of course ... but that Mechanical Poet sample I heard awhile back sounded good as well :headbang:

From the samples I've heard, Diabolicum remnded me of a second rate Aborym.
There should have been something to interest me, but something happened while listening that turned me away. I shouldn't get down on them too hard though, there is always room for improvement. By the way, Emi, what is the difference between their next two records? Is one more brutal than the other, or will they both be rutal? That would seem ver silly to me. Many people seem to think that the Vengeance record is going to top the Church of Moloch record. I think that is what I read. Church of Moloch, or something? I'm not familiar with that. I suppose apart from the Soundbyte record that I have more than a fleeting interest in, a new Manes record might be worth checking out, as well as TMK's new one. Well, that's all I have to out forth.

cheers, one and all

C.

Christopher said:
From the samples I've heard, Diabolicum remnded me of a second rate Aborym.
There should have been something to interest me, but something happened while listening that turned me away. I shouldn't get down on them too hard though, there is always room for improvement. By the way, Emi, what is the difference between their next two records? Is one more brutal than the other, or will they both be rutal? That would seem ver silly to me. Many people seem to think that the Vengeance record is going to top the Church of Moloch record. I think that is what I read. Church of Moloch, or something? I'm not familiar with that. I suppose apart from the Soundbyte record that I have more than a fleeting interest in, a new Manes record might be worth checking out, as well as TMK's new one. Well, that's all I have to out forth. C.

DiabolicuM is one of my favourite code666 bands so I can't be objective speaking about them, but I really see no big comparison with Aborym. in my opinion "The Dark Blood Rising" is an absolute Masterpiece, and in fact the album is now hailed as a reference point for many bands. it's cold, disturbing, extreme, original and scaring, i could not find a single weak point.

concerning the new DiabolicuM, the band is recording 2 albums at the same time, because they had quite a lot of stuff ready: the "Church Of Moloch" will be a limited edition cd like the "killing spree 1.5" was. the music will be more raw, "old School" black metal (of course still in DiabolicuM style), while "Vengeance" will be much more "experimental" and "avantgardish", but 666% DiabolicuM as always.

Ok. That's cool. I can see why "Church" would be less anticipated now after reading your response. Maybe I'll keep an eye out for Vengeance and see what Diabolicum have up their sleeves. I think what gave me the comparison between Diabolicum and Aborym was the fact that they both play brutal black metal with a more dark ambient/cyber twist. The D samples I heard were just less interesting to me than current Aborym work, but maybe I'm slightly biased here since I own and enjoy WNHI. I anticipate future Aborym material.

Emi said:
weird to see 0 preferences (until now) for Aghora... maybe 4 years of waiting are a bit too much i know ;)

When my friends and I first heard Aghora we were blown away. We had never heard anything quite like them before. But now, it's almost like Watch Tower "Mathematics." Everytime we hear they are going to release their new LP, we're like yeah and rainbows yield gold.

gypsyshred said:
When my friends and I first heard Aghora we were blown away. We had never heard anything quite like them before. But now, it's almost like Watch Tower "Mathematics." Everytime we hear they are going to release their new LP, we're like yeah and rainbows yield gold.

me too :(