Colin Richardson

I had actually never heard AILD until the new album came out, and so far it's been one of my favorite discs in a REALLY long time. It's literally been the only thing I've listened to for the past few weeks, and it will probably be that way until the new Nevermore drops.

Bobby

Powerless Rise is Awesome:kickass:

Not a huge CR (no much love for neve vr in fact:lol:) fan but I respect the man for his awesome work and dedication to music. But I'm still interested to hear about his dolby trick:)

well i grew up with carcass and colin played big part in their awesome tone.
i still consider heartwork guitar sound one of the best in extreme metal.

I think one of my favourite CR mixes would be Gorefest's False even though I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that both he and the band are unhappy with it....

I like the mix on An Ocean a bit better than the new one, but the new one is also sick.

I tend to be on the fence wether I like An Ocean or Shadows better. I adore the humongous fat guitars on Shadows, but I don't know how they'd work with the faster stuff on An Ocean and The Powerless. I really like how the Mix on Shadows sounds a little bit more airy in the top-end, tho.

The Powerless Rise is just amazing (the music and the mix), although Shadows Are Security is a reference mix as someone said before, the newer stuff is more complex, and has a lot of layering (lots of guitars and vocals) but still sounds really powerfull, I really like this album :headbang:

Damnation. I can not understand how did they mic cab during recording of "poison"

there is 2 mics as he said - but how are they positioned// may be one of em is in distant position ? i can hear mid of room i guess////

shit i need help

For those interested in Colin Richardson, there is an article/interview with him in this months Guitarist magazine (Issue 336) - saw it on there site, going to have to pick up a copy to read it next time I'm out and about.