Comic Book Dorks Unite!

Y the Last Man and Ex Machina took comics to the next level for me in college. Anything he writes, I'll read.

I've heard good things about Saga.

Saga is great, one of my favorite new books of last year, great sci-fi adventure story with great art for adults.

Brian said in an interview he already has the last page of the last issue written, though he hopes for it to be longer than both Ex Machina and Y: The Last Man combined, as long as sales allow it to be.

Saga is great, one of my favorite new books of last year, great sci-fi adventure story with great art for adults.

Brian said in an interview he already has the last page of the last issue written, though he hopes for it to be longer than both Ex Machina and Y: The Last Man combined, as long as sales allow it to be.

Sweet. Now the question is do I jump on the first trade or wait for the inevitable hardcover collection? I do prefer the hardcovers...

Sweet. Now the question is do I jump on the first trade or wait for the inevitable hardcover collection? I do prefer the hardcovers...

The trade is only $9.99, right? I'd get that if I were you, then get the hardcover if you are so inclined when it comes out.

I myself have the single issues, which are going for a good bit on ebay.

I finished the first Saga trade and it is pretty good. If you are a Vaughan fan, then you will like this. I would go ahead and get the trade right now unless you are super patient.

I just finished the Scalped series. It ended the only way that made sense. It was an amazing series and reminds me of how much I love Vertigo. I will be reading whatever Jason Aaron does next.

I just picked up Uncanny X-Force vols. 1 and 2. I am enjoying the new 52 Swamp Thing. Are there any other good new 52 series?

I just picked up Uncanny X-Force vols. 1 and 2. I am enjoying the new 52 Swamp Thing. Are there any other good new 52 series?

I've enjoyed:

Aquaman (yes, I am serious)
Wonder Woman
Most of the bat family titles (Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, Batwoman, Batman Inc, etc)
Justice League
Supergirl
Action Comics

Also, if you haven't read any, try some of these from Image:

Fatale
Chew
Manhattan Projects
Morning Glories

For everyone, try some of the books you haven't read off of CBR Forum's top 50 of 2012 list, some great titles on there:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?439295-CBR-Forums-Top-50-Comics-of-2012-The-List

I've enjoyed:

Aquaman (yes, I am serious)
Wonder Woman
Most of the bat family titles (Batman, Detective Comics, Batgirl, Batwoman, Batman Inc, etc)
Justice League
Supergirl
Action Comics

Also, if you haven't read any, try some of these from Image:

Fatale
Chew
Manhattan Projects
Morning Glories

For everyone, try some of the books you haven't read off of CBR Forum's top 50 of 2012 list, some great titles on there:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?439295-CBR-Forums-Top-50-Comics-of-2012-The-List

Thanks for the recommendations. I got Fatale in my last shipment and am definitely enjoying it. I've been hearing good things and think that it's time to pull the trigger. I'll look into the others as well.

The Green Arrow and Deathstroke. And, that's coming from a massive Marvel fanboy.

Green Arrow seems to be gaining a lot of popularity. I was a huge Marvel fan but am having a hard time with their recent stuff. A lot of it feels dumb and overpriced. I have really been into Image and Vertigo stuff. Are their any Marvel titles that seemed geared towards adults?

Green Arrow seems to be gaining a lot of popularity. I was a huge Marvel fan but am having a hard time with their recent stuff. A lot of it feels dumb and overpriced. I have really been into Image and Vertigo stuff. Are their any Marvel titles that seemed geared towards adults?
I don't really understand what you mean by geared toward adults. I just know if I like it then I like it. I love marvel no matter what. I have since I was eight and I'm almost 44 years old now.

I don't really understand what you mean by geared toward adults. I just know if I like it then I like it. I love marvel no matter what. I have since I was eight and I'm almost 44 years old now.

A lot of the Marvel comics that I read just feel watered down. It's probably because they are so mainstream. I loved them as a kid but there is something with the books I've read lately that isn't clicking with me. I know they had (or have) the Marvel MAX line that is supposed to be a darker, more mature comic. Their stories just aren't clicking with me lately.

Ok, so my stance on Marvel has changed a bit. I just finished the Dark Angel Saga part 1 arc of Uncanny X Force. I loved it. They went back to the age of apocalypse, which was one of my favorite X-Men stories. I'm starting part 21 and they are going against Mr. Sinister and Onslaught. I shouldn't be surprised because Rick Remender is writing it and he also wrote the equally awesome Fear Agent.