Comic Book Dorks Unite!

The Walking Dead - Robert Kirkman + Romero-style zombies = WIN

I have to share my Walking Dead story.

I've been watching the series on AMC, and had episode 5 on the DVR. My boy (10) watched it, said he wanted to see what it was like.

He said to me, "Dad, I don't think I'll be watching any more of those. It (pause) it was pretty disturbing. The zombie people were like, tearing people's flesh from their bodies.

Haha! I asked him what he expected them to do, he said, "I thought they bite then just stay close."

Haha, awesome :) (really enjoyed the show!)

Before Christmas, I had read that John Byrne has resurrected "Next Men". That caused me to go to the comic book store and pick up my first non-TPB in years. I agree with the reviews that it is way too recap heavy, but considering that I haven't read an issue in 15 years (and all my old issues are still sitting at my parents place), it was somewhat welcome to get my feet wet again.

I'd just like to mention that I recently completed my Booster Gold collection. I now own his 80's series, and every issue of his new series, Prelude to Infinite Crisis (the death of Blue Beetle), and the issue of Martian Man Hunter where he and Blue Beetle steal J'onn J'onzz' cookies.

I'm considering looking for all of the issues of Justice League International with him and BB, but I think it might plunge me further into madness. We'll see!

...never mind. Turns out I need to buy a crap-ton more comics to complete my collection.

Ugh. UGHHHH!! Good luck trying to convince my husband!

I'd just like to mention that I recently completed my Booster Gold collection. I now own his 80's series, and every issue of his new series, Prelude to Infinite Crisis (the death of Blue Beetle), and the issue of Martian Man Hunter where he and Blue Beetle steal J'onn J'onzz' cookies.

I'm considering looking for all of the issues of Justice League International with him and BB, but I think it might plunge me further into madness. We'll see!

I'm not a Booster Gold/Blue Beetle fan (though they're amusing enough), but I loved the JLI series back in the day. It was a hilarious run, and those two were featured prominently.

I worked in a comic book store for a couple years and LOVED it (around the time when Spawn first came out - LOVED THAT ONE)

I was definitely a DC girl and big into Sandman.. I use to have a ton of comics but just held onto my Sandman issues, the Death's series, the Children's Crusade crossover, some Kiss comics and the Spawn #8 issue that Neil Gaiman wrote.. I liked Hellraiser but left the store before I completely got into it..

Wow, you learn something new everyday...I would've never pegged you as the comic fan.

I've been collecting Legion of Super Heroes and any offshoot that's every been written (ie L.E.G.I.O.N., Legionairres) and one off appearances in Action, Adventure or other cross over series.

I have 616 comics but are missing the really rare ones such as the original Adventure comics when the Legion debuted

Getting into graphic novels pretty much lately. Just picked these up:

HeavyLiquidTP.jpg

3587-1.jpg

Both recommendations. Can't wait to start 'em.

Alright, comic book dorks, I challenge you to come up with a good recommendation for me!

I used to read "comic" comic books as a kid but never got into the superhero or more serious comics.

My wife and I recently got hooked on The Big Bang Theory, and I have been having urges (*) to go to the comic book store in town and buy something. What would be a good series to look for, that I could pick up a recent issue and start reading without being completely lost?

(*) I usually think, while watching the show, "These nerds are my people! They like comics, and so I should, too!" :)

Ken

Alright, comic book dorks, I challenge you to come up with a good recommendation for me!

I used to read "comic" comic books as a kid but never got into the superhero or more serious comics.

My wife and I recently got hooked on The Big Bang Theory, and I have been having urges (*) to go to the comic book store in town and buy something. What would be a good series to look for, that I could pick up a recent issue and start reading without being completely lost?

(*) I usually think, while watching the show, "These nerds are my people! They like comics, and so I should, too!" :)

Ken

So what are you looking for? I take it superheroes and serious comics are off the table?