Comics!

Which ones aren't? I mean some are not bad or even quite good I guess when I read them but almost all stories are washed out and going nowhere ever. Very safe writing with stereotypical characters acting in their comfort zone. Look at John Constantine and friends for example, perfect example how they took cool engaging characters with deph and made them boring one trick poneys.

Even more important though, it is just all a marketing ploy to make us buy more comics. I mean each other issue has some tie in to another book and to get the whole story you have to read up on that, really annoying. Crossovers and events are cool, once in a while.

Good series: Snyders Batman, Morrisons Action Comics, and that's about it.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
I've been pricing out my mishmosh of mint Deadpool comics and hoping to sell a few. #14/ Fallout is probably the most valuable I've got at around $40 but all put together I think it might get me a few hundred.

Not quite the retirement plan I hoped for as a teenager on /b/ thinking MAN THIS SHIT GON BLOW UP SOMEDAY.

Just start hitting up different local shops and see what they'd give you. Once you have your list made it's pretty effortless, really not as daunting a task as you'd think.

Also correction: My most valuable is $60ish.

Darwyn Cooke, the creator behind DC: New Frontier, passed away this morning from cancer.

Well then... http://www.previewsworld.com/Article/182251-The-Horror-The-Horror-Zombies-And-Gore-Are-The-Rage

182251_989477_8.jpg

Picked up some new comic books/manga:

Dollman 1 and 2
The Punisher: Born
Dominion (4th edition)
Orion
Black Magic
Intron Depot 5: Battalion

Yeah I love Masamune Shirow. :D

Yeah, Shirow rules so much. But his art is much better than his writing. I think both Orion and GITS are kind of awkward at times. Appleseed, Black Magic and Dominion are his best works imo.

I would really like a shirt with some 90s over the top artwork from Shirow. Seems harder to find than I thought.

Appleseed is my absolute favourite of his, Dominion is the one (besides his more recent Pandora In The Crimson Shell) that I've never read before.

What do you mean by awkward in the case of Ghost In The Shell? Curious if it's something I picked up on but never paid any attention to.

What do you mean by awkward in the case of Ghost In The Shell? Curious if it's something I picked up on but never paid any attention to.
It was quite awhile ago I read GITS now, so maybe I remeber wrong but what I ment wasn't that the story is awkward but more like the writing is. I remeber it as quite clunky and non-engaging which also made it hard to follow.

No, the anime is much better than the manga (which is a rare feat.). Atleast the original movie, I've watched too little of the series to have a clue about them.

Lol checked now, there are like 5 GITS movies? WTF I'm totally behind in all this, I've only watched the 95 version...

Oh okay. I really need to buy the manga, it's one of those things where I read them all at the library while I was in high school and for some reason never bothered to buy them later on.

Actually I can safely recommend you see Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence as it's quite good, granted you can get into/get passed the film's use of some CGI.

The rest of the movies I have no idea about, but I hear good things about Stand Alone Complex.

@Vilden I tend to believe that Stand Alone Complex is the perfect mixture of the film and the manga. Highly recommend it to you, @CASSETTEISGOD.

Also, I've been reading Star Wars: Crimson Empire, Tower of Babel, the Garth Ennis Hellblazer comics, Star Wars; Knights of the Old Republic and I've been catching up with the last two volumes of Berserk.

Reactions: CiG and Vilden