Communication Lost - impressions & reviews

Frankgate

May 3, 2010
come on guys, the album is out :p

Well, CD arrived. The package looks good.

First impressions: very well produced, the drums sound heavy (I like it). Only listened to one time by now. I'm in love with Pulse and In Memory Of Me.

Of course, it'll need 3-4 more spins to figure out.

Thanks guys!

Another great album just arrived, only gave it a few spins, but i like it sofar. This disc will be my best friend this weekend when i drive up to Denmark for a well deserved holiday (hmmmm, it looks like listening to Wolverine is always combined with me steering ;)
Earlier this week i read the explanation how the songs came to live, even more special while listening. Glad you stayed aboard Stefan! :)

Hope to listen to the songs live in the near future....untill then...all the best

gr.
H.

I have to be in the mood sometimes to tackle melancholy and somber material, but it's clear this is one of those disc that rewards you for having patience. It's been kind of rainy a bit of late .. perfect Wolverine weather ;) I'm on spin #4 and the songs are starting to hit me hard now. The song by song thoughts from the website really helped me to gain a deeper understanding of the tracks. Excellent work fellas .. glad the band was able to make it thru the tough times.

Britt

I know 2011 is only 7 months old and still 5 to go, but Communicaton Lost already has my award for MPA 2011 (most played album).

Don't think any release to come in he next few months can compete with the current nr. 1 in my list ;-)

H.

It really seems to be an album that needs time to sink in so to speak. I can see a pattern in the reviews as well. The album has recieved more positive reviews the longer it's been out. Anyway, thrilled that you like the album. We're trying to get some shows together but it's hard... I guess we've been away from the scene for too long. Kind of like starting all over again. Then again, it's a good challenge... ;-)

Listened to it three times by now, then turned off (switched to Cold Light Of Monday which I didn't listen to for a while.... really missed that :worship: )

after vacations I'm going to focus on CL again (and Still as well) :hotjump:

I love the new album, but yes, it took some time. At first I was slightly dissapointed and thought it was just too melancholic.

But after a few weeks of listening I'm impressed. There's a lot of feeling and both the lyrics and music is growing on me. I guess I have to say it was worth the wait... now PLEASE, don't wait another 5 years until the next release!!! :)

We'll try to work a bit faster this time around. ;-)

you really should buddy :hotjump:

btw, each W record keeps spinning in my cd player at least twice a month. I've listened to Still for about 2-3 years. ;)

well, after a few months i can say that Communication Lost is really a masterpiece. Of course i had no doubt about it. It's awesome, passionate, dark but gentle, both heavy and soft. There's not even a weak song. Maybe it's your better-sounding record to date. And a big applause to the "newcomer" Per Henriksson who does an incredible work. Very compliment to all of you buddies.

Just had to write some more about this album. Frankgate is spot on. This album truly is incredible. Such a grower, but it's very rewarding.

I had a few thoughts the first time I listened, that I would'nt like this album. I honestly thought the drumming was kind of boring, not enough happening. Now I don't know what I was thinking, I absolutely love the drumming, it's genius. It's straight, to the point when it needs to be, and more technical when the song calls for it. Excellent, and brave!

And the production, boy, this album sounds superb on my denon headphones, yummi!!!! Wishing all albums sound like this.

Thanks alot for your kind words!! I have always seen my approach to drumming a little bit like cooking, it's not about the quantity of spices you use in your dish, it's about using the right ones. :)
I'm not saying it's the correct way to look at things, there are loads and loads of drummers that are way more technical than me in every way, and since I can't really compete with that, I have chosen a slightly different approach than maybe the "general" prog-metal virtuose drummer would do. :)

Thanks again!
/Marcus

Yeah Marcus, I totally get what you're saying. You're using your skills in the most effecient way possible, to match the vibe of song. It makes it interesting, and i melds very well with the rest of the song. Even though I LOVE technical, fast, typical progressive metal drumming, I truly enjoy this album. That says a lot for me.

It's your awareness as a drummer that's impressive and not your skills per se. And that's rare, I think.