Complicated Tech Death

nice! -
but there seems to be a lack grinding mids from the bass guitar - and i feel the guitars need more "presence" - just my taste though

As a used to be stuck-up brutal death fan, till the reforming of Suffocation that was - after that the rest wasnt good enough anymore, and also the deathcore stuff came up wich smashed most brutal death a few years back - i really like the sound and the song, to bad their aint vocals on it. Might be the guitars are a little loud when it has vocals tho. Do think this sound scores far above the average brutal-tech death metal sound. Sounds feels very natural tho. Raw, brutal but in a clean controlled way lets say :guh:

can you explain what you mean about lack grinding mids please?

well, sometimes its good to duplicate the bass track and distort the fuck out of the copy then high pass/low pass so your left with a nice growling mid range
then mix in with the original bass to taste, as I said it's just a sound I prefer.

well, sometimes its good to duplicate the bass track and distort the fuck out of the copy then high pass/low pass so your left with a nice growling mid range
then mix in with the original bass to taste, as I said it's just a sound I prefer.

its a good thing to do, i didn't think of doing it this time. kinda rushed but i will try it thanks!

its a good thing to do, i didn't think of doing it this time. kinda rushed but i will try it thanks!

Hey I meant no negativity - your mix is bad ass!!

just try it out and see if it fills up some space there in a good way

what you using for guitars/drums btw?

Hey I meant no negativity - your mix is bad ass!!

just try it out and see if it fills up some space there in a good way

what you using for guitars/drums btw?

i agree with you, i have done that thing with the bass in the past, what would you use for a distortion sound though? in the past i've use some guitar amp sims like pod farm to get a similar sort of crunch to the guitars but it's never really got me very far in terms of achieving a punchy bass distortion. just a fuzzy noise.

im using poulin solo sim and catharsis s-pres 8 impulses i think, drums are XLN audio addictive with the chimaira samples blended about 75% on the kick, 45% on the snare and 80% on the toms

at the moment bass is TSE BOD and SVX - the SVT-4Pro rock2 preset and some multiband compression courtesy of izotope ozone 4