TECH DEATH MIX FOR YOU TO TRY

I think the guitars are great. Definitely tight and fat as hell. I'm very impressed. Can you tell me how you did it? I'm unsure if the tone is quite right for the song however. It's something I'd expect to hear from a djent song. It reminds me of Tesseract only with a lot more balls. In that respect as well it's impressive to achieve that tone along with that chunk. If you know what I mean...

To get that djent tone just put an eq before the amp and boost the mids but be gentle with that, when i heard your guitars i was impressed by the way it chunks, the low end sounds like the heaven so i wanted to experiment if it could fit the death metal style with the djent. The amp i used is lepous lecto and gh impulses, the bass is fucked the low end sounds like a midi. changed some velocities and rearrange the midi of the drums, the mastering is so loud that some parts pump and didnt have time to compress the vocals and i didint put them :( maybe some other day i will remix it with the vocals:).

I have a question, you said that you recorded with the mbox 2 mini interface, but did you use a di box?? If so, that mbox has a very high input quality and probably going to get that.

To get that djent tone just put an eq before the amp and boost the mids but be gentle with that, when i heard your guitars i was impressed by the way it chunks, the low end sounds like the heaven so i wanted to experiment if it could fit the death metal style with the djent. The amp i used is lepous lecto and gh impulses, the bass is fucked the low end sounds like a midi. changed some velocities and rearrange the midi of the drums, the mastering is so loud that some parts pump and didnt have time to compress the vocals and i didint put them :( maybe some other day i will remix it with the vocals:).

I have a question, you said that you recorded with the mbox 2 mini interface, but did you use a di box?? If so, that mbox has a very high input quality and probably going to get that.

i went straight into the mbox. ive been using a line 6 ux2 for a while now and i would say the mbox is miles better

Found out yesterday while my guitar was in the shop that my pickups are actually not Seymore Duncans after all. I was sold the guitar on Ebay 5 years ago and they guy told me they were SH-1 59s, for some reason I just blindly believed him and have not even bothered to check/realise the fact that I've been living a lie all this time! I'm mad at the guy who sold it to me, and I'm mad at myself for not checking - it's so damn obvious as well by just looking at them that I can't believe how blind I was. I'm not a complete fool but I feel like one. Many of you have expressed your fondness of the guitar tracks for this mix as well - seems you were also fooled by Ibanez stock pickups. Sorry everyone.

dont feel bad, actually knowing that those pickups werent seymour duncan makes me feel even better because i want to get an expensive guitar with seymour duncans, and if your tracks sounded great i cant wait to hear what my tracks are going to sound like! And with your crazy guitar skills and tracks that you provided you dont even have to feel bad!

Here's my attempt.

I'm not used to mixing songs with a bunch of blast beats, it's proved a challenge. Still haven't cleared up those blast sections anywhere near the amount that I'd like. Anyway, thanks a bunch for the killer track dude!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloody loved mixing this. Can't get enough tech stuff.
Drums are Addictive Drums (own preset)
Guitars went through Amplitube, bypassing the cab, into Altiverb using Diezel IR.
Feedback welcome. Pretty happy with this mix.
Wanted it to sound clean as a lot of mathcore and tech death metal is extremely precise.