Computer help

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
F**KING PCS :mad:

My pc loads up fine, and I connect to the internet, and it works for about 20 minutes, same as usual. Then all of a sudden the mouse becomes really erratic, if I even move it a tiny bit it jumps to a corner and starts doing clicking actions even though I havent touched the mouse. If I stop moving it, nothing happens but as soon as I move it again it jumps across to some other side of the screen and does the same thing, naturally, this is annoying me :mad:

I cant do anything but restart my pc, does anyone have any ideas of what it might be?

Unplug your mouse, plug it in again and reinstall all the software that goes with it. If that doesn't work, time for a new one.

" 'Ello I wish to register a complaint."
"Yes?"
"This mouse, which I purchased not 'alf an hour ago from this very boutique..."
"What's wrong with it?"
"I'll tell you what's wrong with it. It's dead, that's what's wrong with it."

And so on. The rest of you may join in if you know the lines :).

W

I didnt think it was a virus because it only seems to happen whn im running internet explorer and it runs fine for a while, then screws up...

Ill have to download a virus scanner or osmething to make sure I guess.

Ill try reinstalling the mouse with the windows plug and play default driver and see how that goes too :)

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hardware/Q_20327181.html

Third post down. Right before this stuff started happening I uninstalled 2 games. Could that be the problem?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q192845 Or that?

Also, I noticed my modem didnt have the correct drivers installed (or something, it has that little ! sign on top of it) should I go find the drivers for it? I have a feeling its been like that since I got the thing, but maybe its conflicting with the mouse driver perhaps...

dude it could be a hoax thing you downloaded too lol
i had one , it's called 'slipry mouse" once a sertin program is started it starts with it , and then you slightly toutch it and it goes off ..., and what do you mean by going to install a virus scanner ???
man it's crazy if you don't have a virus scanner and a firwall in your computer now days .... lol .....
worst case , go buy APC mag and install the software it has , or PC user , or whatever you find with the stuff on the cd .... so yeah ....
and like they said , reinstall the software and see if it works ...

It actually sounds like your modem may be stuffed
but

go to device manager, uninstall (remove) the mouse and modem
reboot the pc and let it pick them up.
when you install the modem browse to the correct drivers and install them (even if windows recomends some other driver)
if you can't stop windows from using the wrong driver than when its booted up, go back to device manager go to properties and install the correct one

if you still get problem, go back to device manager, go into mouse properties then resources and make sure there is no conflicts. you can also muck around with the settings in here just make sure you remember the origional settings incase you stuff up

Generally,I take my pc apart,shake every peice of it, if something rattles I get scared,If it doesn't then I know it's not broken. Put it back together then if it doesn't work I tell one of my mates to fix it.

workes a treat,

Some motherfucker installed some kind of spy program. Thats what it was, its gone now though. Fucker.