Concept album?

Mantis

Naturmistikk & Folktale
Jul 18, 2003
Eburum
Visit site
I was reading a very old vintersorg's interview where he says that in the beginning "hedniskhjartad" should have been a concept album, but after things changed, anyone knows more or slef Mr V can clarify what should be based on the concept and why he changed mind?

Mantis said:
I was reading a very old vintersorg's interview where he says that in the beginning "hedniskhjartad" should have been a concept album, but after things changed, anyone knows more or slef Mr V can clarify what should be based on the concept and why he changed mind?

I think he meant a conceptalbum based on the lyrics. If you take a closer look and read the lyrics (if you understand Swedish that is :p) you can see that the lyrics to "Norrland", "Norrlandsdrömmar" and "Tussmörkret" all kinda speaks of the same thing, though not exactly the same. Whereas the lyrics to "Stilla" and (definitly) "Hednaorden" doesen't "fit", in the same way...

I might be in over my head here, but this is just a wild guess from my side.

Draugen said:
I think he meant a conceptalbum based on the lyrics. If you take a closer look and read the lyrics (if you understand Swedish that is :p) you can see that the lyrics to "Norrland", "Norrlandsdrömmar" and "Tussmörkret" all kinda speaks of the same thing, though not exactly the same. Whereas the lyrics to "Stilla" and (definitly) "Hednaorden" doesen't "fit", in the same way...

The sleeve notes by Mr V state he wanted the first LP to be a concept album, but found it hard to get that happening. However, he still finds they stand behind being "Paganhearted"

Draugen said:

Correct!!! It was meant at first to be kind of a concept album lyricwise....but it developed into something esle..I felt it was out of my hands..I just composed and it turned out the way it did....

mr V

Draugen said:

I understand Swedish (even if with vintersorg's lyrics it's not enought to understand it :) ) and for me Norrland talks about this region and it's nature charming, Tussmorkret talks about the twilight and Norrskensdrommar talks about the aurora borealis so a common concept is nature (perhaps in Norrland) but for this also Stilla talks about a mountain so maybe I got it all wrong :yuk: