Concept for a new album?

I have full faith in OL to choose a neat concept, the Bible does have some excellent stories so why not?

How about making songs based on Lord of the Rings. No one's done that before :loco:

Anyways, I personally would prefer a theme-less album next time. If every album has a theme, it makes it less speical. However, if only every few albums have themes, that makes them all the better. Less is more, I say.

Frosties said:
How about making songs based on Lord of the Rings. No one's done that before :loco:
:lol:
yeah sure that'd be original :D

well in fact I believe that OL would still be unique about the concept even if they'd do something like that
but I also agree with what you said about concept albums, I think such albums should be rare in order to keep their specialness

Frosties said:

Anyways, I personally would prefer a theme-less album next time. If every album has a theme, it makes it less speical. However, if only every few albums have themes, that makes them all the better. Less is more, I say.

I'm getting used to your sense of humor...LOL!... :Spin:

Agree also that maybe epic concepts could be overdone on every album...but if the band can keep it original and not repeat much musically, it might not get old. It would really depend on the band I guess.

Seth

benkei said:
a new album concept : the end of mankind and the final judgement

it could be great !!!

For this subject, try LEGEND by Saviour Machine a 360 minute (!!!) concept about Apocalypse, inspired by the Bible.

Mabool is a concept inspired bye the Story of the flood, but not the story itself. For me, this is great!

For a new concept, I think the story of Adam, Lilith, Eve, Cain e Abel can be a great story... a tale of creation, love, hate, violence, death....

I have a brilliant brand new idea! How about the concept of Maya calendar that ends in Dec 22, 2012? There is so much to it. Let's forget about the concepts of the past and dig into the future... I am eager for that day when we all shall rise into the 5th dimension!!!

DemonXeno said:
maby they should do one about a war between hell and heaven
On the topic of heaven and hell: Have you heard Ulver's "Themes from William Blake's The marriage of Heaven and Hell"? A true masterpiece. :worship:

siriusian said:
I have a brilliant brand new idea! How about the concept of Maya calendar that ends in Dec 22, 2012? There is so much to it. Let's forget about the concepts of the past and dig into the future... I am eager for that day when we all shall rise into the 5th dimension!!!

Fantastic idea mate!!! :hotjump: 100% i support your concept idea!!! :worship:
21 Dec 2012...11:00 pm...the end of time...the universe in a perfect balance to reveal the "PATH" after 26.000 years...

- something about Salomon and the queen of Saba

- a story about the Crusaders and Saladin

- a concept about the modern Israel/Palestina conflict, from viewpoints of some normal but different people (like Savatage did on their 'Dead Winter Dead' album about the conflict in Bosnia)

Hypnos said:
Savatage ... 'Dead Winter Dead'
What an exceptionally fine album indeed. A real shame that Zak Stevens left the band. I mean, "Poets and Madmen" definitely has it's moments - "Morphine Child", "The rumour" and "Man in the mirror" are truly great songs. But having to choose between Jon Oliva's Pain and Circle II Circle nowadays, I'd go for the latter any day.
Right, back on topic ;) , why does the next one have to be a concept album anyway? Whatever, I'm sure they'll manage to deliver another outstanding musical product, no doubt about that.

I mentioned in the original post that 'if' it ends up being a concept, what might it be? I personally like concept and story albums a lot, comes from being(or used to be when I had time) an avid reader I guess. The ancient history stories are amazing to me, whether told in book, movie or album form.

But certainly should they choose not to do one, it'll be great anyway.

Seth

OrphanedAngel said:
I agree with your idea, sirusian
It would be an intergalactic concept :headbang:

Oh, you got me wrong! Mine is not an intergalactic but an interdimensional concept. Briefly entering into the 5th dimensions is nothing but the Armageddon itself! The religious terms are simply symbolic and they reveal meanings that are quite uncomprehensible for the average person.

I think OL should be on a mission to evangelate the transformational period the whole planet is about to enter. All incarnations through we have been waiting for to rise into this next level of spiritual growth!

Definately it is a great idea (and reality to come!) to sing about! Good luck with OL!!! I sincerely hope we ALL shall ASCENT that day!

well if the rise of the new dimension is on december 22nd, it will be hell of a birthday present for me that's for sure :)
btw i agree that it would be a very interesting concept... i don't believe in those stuff at all, though. (but something SHOULD happen I guess, since there seems to be many "evidences" pointing to that date... )