ORPHANED LAND - The new concept

Mats Leven's vocals arent very power metallish, they evoke Therion to me more... I cant wait for other two Amaseffer albums, I am especially curious about how they will pull off describing events like split sea, Moses' wrath over golden bull and so :D

I doubt they will play it live, maybe Orphaned Land might pull one or two songs on their live sets from it... Amaseffer sound soundtrackish a lot cos they DO soundtracks, Amaseffer productions or sth like that, that studio has made one movie soundtrack already, so they know what they are doing :)
This is kinda offshoot of this studio, they do these three albums, and then only G-d knows if they will make some more metal influenced albums or not.

@Scorpy: Nie znaju. Hopefully, in Feb-Mar (ljuty-berezen, m?). The album is likely to be political (promoting peace among Jews and Muslims and Christians), and as far as I know Isreali government's ideology is against that.
Also, Mr. Yossi needs to recover his clavicle.

I seriously can't wait for OrwarrioR. I can only hope that we'll really get the album in june, I have no doubts it will be awesome. Then they should come back to Istanbul, I missed them last year :p

About Amaseffer, I gave it a listen but think it's not really my thing. Songs are a bit too long and too mid-tempo, and as someone already mentioned, too power-metallish. It just makes me want to listen to more OL instead. :)
Oh and Estarabim cover is always awesome. :D I was at that concert!

I really like Amaseffer. It's probably the best "oriental metal" album I've heard since Mabool was released. But you can't really compare it to Orphaned Land. There's the oriental and prog elements in common, but the overall sound is quite different. More orchestral, soundtrack-like, as some said before :)

I got my Amaseffer CD yesterday ^^ It's a beautiful album! Still getting to know it better, but I can tell that I love the last song, "Land Of The Dead" :)
Yes, as I hear the sound is quite different than on OL albums... But it's amazing thing, with so beautiful oriental sounds, I really like it :)

I especially love "The Wooden Staff". Nice instrumental, and then those beautiful oriental choirs towards the end...

Dude, when there's a new message here I think some news leaked and I get excited! You'll give me a heart attack :p
Damn I just got some other people excited as well.

Haha, but we can release the tension by discussing the Sapari song. For example, I would love to know what the song's lyrics are and whether it has a religious or political or festive or any other kind of background. For example, El Meod Na'Ala is a wedding song directed to El = Jahve = Ellah, and it's originally much more cheerful than the metalish version on OL's album (closer to their live performance of it). Norra El Nora is also a Jewish folk song (the title means "Entering The Ark", eh? I never managed to find the original).

Norra El Nora is also a Jewish folk song (the title means "Entering The Ark", eh? I never managed to find the original).

I did, long time ago already. It was a pure coincidence! I was listening to a compilation of Middle Eastern folk songs and I suddenly recongnized it :)

Hm...
Translation: Nora El Nora, the lord of courage,

Return to me my lord, mend my wounds,
My soul is yearning, and in valor we wait.

Nora I sing to thee, hymn of praise,
To you I give my life and faith

Through all time, mighty Nora,
Deliver us the progany of abraham,

Offspring of greatness,
You are the living God,
Giver of Torah.

Sapari lyrics coming soon.