ORPHANED LAND - The new concept

Haha, but we can release the tension by discussing the Sapari song. For example, I would love to know what the song's lyrics are and whether it has a religious or political or festive or any other kind of background. For example, El Meod Na'Ala is a wedding song directed to El = Jahve = Ellah, and it's originally much more cheerful than the metalish version on OL's album (closer to their live performance of it). Norra El Nora is also a Jewish folk song (the title means "Entering The Ark", eh? I never managed to find the original).

Hehe, maybe. You know, I think I only heard that song once or twice, I liked it, but I didnt want to hear that bad quality version for too long, you know! But now it's tempting to hear it again since it doesn't look like it's coming any time soon :p
Also, it reminded me something really familiar, just like Nora El Nora did. Well, their sounds are really close to Turkish ones anyway. So I guess it's not a surprise.

yes 12 years later..
I think it is enough time to discover OL once again.. for me it is strange to meet them 2009.. it meant it was kiddy days.. shame on me for these days that I could know them..
they are really great. thank them to be here..

I want to say hi to all there friends..
last : what is the last info about new album..

br

Norra El Nora is also a Jewish folk song (the title means "Entering The Ark".

Sorry, but Ill have to correct you on that. It is indeed a traditional song, but the title means something like "terrific/ magnificent God"
It is like a praise song.

Sapari might sound familiar, because it is a Turkish traditional song. Or at least that is what Kobi told me... Can some of the Turkish fans here help out to answer this question?

"Sapari" is not Turkish - this is for sure. Although OL's rendition does sound Turkish or Persian, imho.
The song is in Classical Hebrew (Aramaic) language, which is an old Semitic language. Shlomit Levi's page mentions that the song is traditional for Yemeni Jews. Shlomit's solo and Dror's versions of the song don't sound as "Turkish" :)

So far I failed to get the lyrics, as most contemporary Jews cannot translate it.

Feel free to download its mp3 grabbed from YouTube: http://www.mediafire.com/?gmszcwdiag2 (live in Tel-Aviv'2008, "B-" sound quality)

@ KOBI : have u studied literature ???? cos u have have a high intellect when it comes to writing....its beautiful

Postmodernist, so far I have two Medleys of Yemenite songs which include Sapari Tama if you're interested.

One is by Ofra Haza and the other by Daklon, both Yemenite Jewish singers.

Tell me if you want me to upload, they are wonderful.

Okay, I almost don't want to post this here since it has NOTHING to do with the topic in the very first place, but as you requested, heres the music files.

http://depositfiles.com/files/dpw7z9o8k

I don't remember if I added a password or not, but in case I did it should be orphanedland

The zip file contains the two medleys which have the Sapari song in them, plus other tracks by both Ofra Haza and Azam Ali. Hope you enjoy.

Thanks a lot fellow. Now we got 5 different versions of Sapari ;)
Dror Meshulam, Shlomit Levi, Ofra Haza, Daklon, OL live.
And each arrangement souds different to me.

Azam Ali + Vas = a real wonder. Somewhere between Lisa Gerhard + Dead Can Dance and Loreena McKennitt, imho.

Maybe we can move the whole discussion to the "Bands like Orphaned Land" thread.

You're welcome.

And about Norra El Norra, the orignal version, it's an old egyptian song called Samra Ya Samra, the name of the singer is Karem Mahmoud, I used to have the song, I don't anymore :p

"Greg: So… the next disc is called “The Neverending Way Of ORwarriOR”. Can you talk a little about the concept?

Kobi: The concept is mainly about the Warrior of Light. The Warrior of Light can always be referring to some kind of messiah, but that is not the way we refer to it. We believe the Warrior of Light is the listener of the album itself. Because if we look at our life, at least from my perspective, of the life on this Earth, I always see people who are living in sadness and disappointment, trying to fit themselves into the expectations of society and parents. From my point of view most people always lose a very big part of themselves, of their happiness, in this life because they are always chasing things that society and reality force them to go after. And in this album and in our point of view, we believe that everyone has a Warrior of Light in him, which is a master that can actually bring you to do whatever you want and to fulfill your destiny on this planet. Glenn from ProgPower, he fulfills himself by making ProgPower and making people so happy. I wish that everyone in the world would do the things that he likes, and will go after his dream without being afraid. Without being afraid of society, of his parents, of his economic situation. I don’t want people to be slaves; slaves of mortgage, slaves of media, slaves of the news. I believe that people can be the master that they actually are."

(from an interview with Kobi Farhi, http://www.orphaned-disciples.org/s...terview-with-kobi-by-greg-hasbrouck/#more-365)

Estarabim lyrics and rough translation:

Çok memleketler gezdim - I visited so many countries
Neler gördüm, görmedim - I saw so many things but i pretended not to see them
Bu kocaman dünyada - In this great world
Senin gibi görmedim - But I didn’t see anything like you

Estarabim, estarabim - Estarabim, Estarabim
Sağdan, soldan estarabim - To the right, to the left Estarabim

Öyle bir yar istemem - I don't want such a friend
İstesem de istemem - If I want I don't want it anyway
Güller bitti dilimde - In my language all roses ended
Nasıl diyeyim bilmem - How can I talk I don’t know

Estarabim, estarabim