ORPHANED LAND - The new concept

Think it's about time I posted in here...

I've been keeping an eye on this for months, while slowly getting more and more addicted to Mabool and wondering why no-one posts much in here. Found out about OL through Wikipedia, while I was looking up obscure folk metal bands - went on the MySpace and had Mabool on order from Amazon before Norra El Norra had finished playing. Then I got all rash and impulsive and bought The Beloved's Cry off Ebay before I'd even finished listening to Mabool. I've resisted the other albums so far, but it's only a matter of time before I end up with the full set :lol:

I shall now go back to harrassing Turisas (or, more accurately, Olli) and await new Orphaned Land stuff :D

Vikingess x

Oh man, I can't wait for this album. Mabool is SOOOOO awesome. I hope this one delivers as well!

BTW if you guys need some album artwork done then email me....

Jake

What I added to Wiki recently:

The album will be preceeded by release of the "Sapari" single.

"Sapari" is a Yemenite folk song arranged by Orphaned Land. Some samples of this song are available on YouTube: acoustic version by Orphaned Land's female "Yemenite" singer Shlomit Levi (part of Shlomit's live acoustic sample), a live version which Orphaned Land performed in Tel-Aviv in the late 2008 and a rendition of the song by Dror, a Middle Eastern singer promoting peace between Jews and Arabs.

The album will also feature sounds on Arabian violins.

Interestig YouTube links:
- Yossi's family, fanmail from totalitarian countries, interview.
- acousitc concert: Oud festival in Jerushalaim.
- Global Metal about Israeli metal scene. Feat. Kobi.

Kobi Farhi and other guys (disguised :)) as glam rockers in a commercial :D

ыыыыы

Shlomit Levi's acoustic live teaser, also featuring a piece of Sapari and A'Salk.

Samples from Shomit's forthcoming solo album:
http://www.myspace.com/shlomitlevi

Kobi's project with other famous musicians, Amaseffer:

Kobi's side-project "The Naked Lie":
http://www.myspace.com/thenakedlie
Reminds me of "God Is An Astronaut" post-rock band.

Darkside.ru interview with Kobi (Russian):
http://darkside.ru/interviews/391

Mathan's drum solo (he's the new drummer who replaced Avi):
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DY8rGdzoCE&NR=1[/ame]

Belly dancers on OL's stage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Updates!!! :D
Can't wait for the new album, I'm sooooooooooooo curious about it! I hope that "Sapari" single will come soon ^^
I've just ordered the Amaseffer album - any impressions about the whole one? It has very high notes on review at Polish rock-metal portal (for which I'm also writing a bit). I hope that post will deliver the CD quickly ^^

Amaseffer album is awesome. Sounds at times a bit like Orphaned Land, but it is less metal and more prog and soundtrack-like :)
My fav tracks are Slaves for life, Zipporah and Land of the dead :)

As for me, cant wait for the other two albums they got up their sleeve, since this is first part of the planned trilogy about the book Exodus (yea, from Bible :D).

The production quality amazes me . It is very atmospheric and the story is conveyed in an impeccable fashion IMO. Yeah as you said the tracks are soundtrack worthy in terms of the quality and ambience. I loved Zipporah & Midian quite exclusively. Both are amazing songs and they both remind me of Orphaned Land but they have their own uniqueness. I may be ignorant but I doubt they pull these songs off live ? Are they confined to the studio ? To anyone from Israel, do they perform Live?

And the movie about the Altalena Affair should turn out awesome. I had read about it years ago and considering the fact that Amaseffer is doing the OST, this must be a kickass combination.

Oh yeah, Amaseffer are going to release a new album every 9 month. Like giving birth to children.

And if Kobi has time for this wonderful and versatile and presumably time-consuming side project, evidently the guys will complete and polish ORwarriOR perfectly; they could even invite the same orchestra, sound engineers and oriental guest musicians as were involved in Amaseffer - the atmospheric effects and symphonic parts are just perfect.
I don't like Amsffr's "powermetalish" front vocals, but Kobi's and Angela Gossow's vocal parts are very impressing.

Btw, in one of Kobi's interviews I saw Kobi smoking. For Ellah's sake, I don't want him to loose his one-of-a-kind godly voice, like this happened with James LaBrie from Dream Theater! Maybe we, the fans, could arrange a campaign "Saving Kobi's voice for the mankind"? Like, there are nikotine chewing gums substituting cigs effectively, but not damaging vocal cords, langs and stomach.

Somehow for some odd reason the only thing that comes to my mind when I think about the announcement of the OST, is The Score - An Epic Journey

Amaseffer album is awesome. Sounds at times a bit like Orphaned Land, but it is less metal and more prog and soundtrack-like :)
My fav tracks are Slaves for life, Zipporah and Land of the dead :)

As for me, cant wait for the other two albums they got up their sleeve, since this is first part of the planned trilogy about the book Exodus (yea, from Bible :D).

Thanks - after your opinion I reeeeeally hope to get the album soon ^^
Two more albums - great! Will Kobi sing on the all parts of trilogy?