Concert Venue

savaman

New Metal Member
May 1, 2004
Has anyone been to this concert venue? Please provide details on mobility, stage level, ability to get near the front.

savaman said:
Has anyone been to this concert venue?

Quite literally hundreds of times... but only six times since 1996. :)

savaman said:
Please provide details...

Excellent little theater. They'll tell you there's not a bad seat in the house... which isn't exactly true, but you'd have to be up on the extreme right or left seating areas to be in a "bad seat". I usually don't even go into the auditorium until a band actually starts playing and it's no problem for me to find a nice place to stand on the floor, middle stage area. You'll find far more problems getting around the lobby in between sets than you will finding a good place to watch a performance from...

savaman said:
stage level

Very tall stage, sightlines will not be a problem at all.

savaman said:
ability to get near the front.

The ProgPower crowd is pretty easy going, so if you're willing to be a bit of an asshole, shouldering your way pretty close to the front shouldn't be a big deal. But if you're not an asshole, with 90% of the place being a 'good seat', why stand up for the 6 hours it would take to not lose that up-front space the whole show?

savaman said:

The venue doesn't move. :D

you will be supprised how comfortable this venue is. as many venues i have been to and shows i have seen, this is the one i look forward to the most. all concerts should be planned like this. the earlier post is dead on when they said that you will have a harder time walking around the lobby then the floor/seating area. enjoy.....

tooobad71 said:
you will be supprised how comfortable this venue is. as many venues i have been to and shows i have seen, this is the one i look forward to the most. all concerts should be planned like this. the earlier post is dead on when they said that you will have a harder time walking around the lobby then the floor/seating area. enjoy.....
As a matter of fact, when I've been in a hurry I've sometimes cut across the venue via the floor area rather than walk all the way around the lobby and fighting my way past the dealers' tables. :)

There's no question in my mind that a large part of ProgPower USA's "selling" potential, both for fans and bands alike, is the quality of the venue. :worship:

You're gonna dig the venue man! Let me tell you this, they've had the same female bathroom attendent each PP! I've grown fond of her (giggle).

BABS said:
You're gonna dig the venue man! Let me tell you this, they've had the same female bathroom attendent each PP! I've grown fond of her (giggle).
As I have grown fond of the same female bar tender!!! Yes, I know, this has been beaten to death, but it was fitting. By the way, I'm considering knocking her up this year. We'll see...

LOL Nightwish58! I'm gonna let that one slide being that she was a very good looking woman (hey, I'm a woman and I can appreciate that and not feel threatened!). Besides, she liked me because I was always courteous and not trying to roll up on her like you silly boys!

So there :p

BABS said:
LOL Nightwish58! I'm gonna let that one slide being that she was a very good looking woman (hey, I'm a woman and I can appreciate that and not feel threatened!). Besides, she liked me because I was always courteous and not trying to roll up on her like you silly boys!

So there :p
Well if she liked you, i'm hanging with you all weekend! LOL

BABS said:
I've grown very fond of her as well! I don't even want to think of what that bathroom would look like without her. Same with the bartender. Does anyone know her name, or is she still "that hot female bartender"?? She was always extremely nice to me as well, BABS. Maybe you're right, I bet she welcomes the change in serving customers who don't hit on her as if they're the first ones to say something all night. :D

~Sh0k~

nightwish58 said:
Well if she liked you, i'm hanging with you all weekend! LOL
But if that happens, then my market value goes down that weekend (ROTFL)!

And no, I'm not refering to the female bartender!

sh0kr0k said:
I've grown very fond of her as well! I don't even want to think of what that bathroom would look like without her. ~Sh0k~
Yeah, I always try to talk to her because that job must really get on her last nerves!