Control Room Windows

JUST FYI, and it may not matter, but should the panels of glass angle down? Angling up like that may still get you nasty glare from ceiling lights (like you can see in the pics right now).

as far as i know, it doesnt make a difference. from the control room, if the inside glass is angled down, then the outside glass is angled up(they are suppose to be angled opposite each other). The way i have it now, the inside is angled up, and the outside is angled down, so either way is going to have one piece of glass angled up, and one down. The whole point is to keep the glass from being parallel so the reflections from both pieces of glass dont line up, which would make it extremely hard to see through.

I also added black wooden blinds to those windows to keep the sun from getting in

as far as i know, it doesnt make a difference. from the control room, if the inside glass is angled down, then the outside glass is angled up(they are suppose to be angled opposite each other). The way i have it now, the inside is angled up, and the outside is angled down, so either way is going to have one piece of glass angled up, and one down. The whole point is to keep the glass from being parallel so the reflections from both pieces of glass dont line up, which would make it extremely hard to see through.

I also added black wooden blinds to those windows to keep the sun from getting in

to reduce glare/reflections, I've always seen them installed like this:

\ /

But yours is / \

Like I said, it probably doesn't matter, it was just the first thing I noticed. The way yours is arranged, the panes are both angled up (in reference to the pane facing out when you are on either side).

I usually see it like this | /
Parallel is better for isolation, but worst for glare. The slant down would hopefully make the reflected sound go towards the floor, rather than up and back into mics.

I think I saw it explained in this book - [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Home-Recording-Studio-Build-Like/dp/1598630342[/ame]