Controversial opinions on metal

the theory of pogo is great imo, it’s just kind of shit in practice especially these days. i loved it at first when it was just wandering around trying to find gen 1s and it actually felt like being a protagonist in the og games. i still play it a bit but only ‘cause my parents do lmao

Yeah so did I, but hearing the full album there's something off about it. No interesting riffs, the sound mixing is trying too hard to be Filthy™ etc. Maybe it's just a grower, tracks like "Suicide Sanctum" rule but the rest is just kinda eh...

Yeah so did I, but hearing the full album there's something off about it. No interesting riffs, the sound mixing is trying too hard to be Filthy™ etc. Maybe it's just a grower, tracks like "Suicide Sanctum" rule but the rest is just kinda eh...

This is one of the worst distributed new releases I've yet encountered (in the U.S.).

burzum's filosofem should really be classified as raw black metal and not just regular black metal

so your telling me this doesn't sound like raw bm?

compare this to other burzum songs

Sure it's more abrasive but compare it to actual RBM:

It becomes very obvious that the rawness on "Jesus' Tod" is an aesthetic attempt to conjure an atmosphere. Each element, while raw, is still very clear and delineated.

i mean some burzum is rawer than other burzum, but i don't think any burzum is close to being at the rawer end of BM, if it was it wouldn't have so much mainstream acceptance. a definitive raw bm album is something like this, harsh lo-fi alienating inaccessible shit. filosofem is honestly pretty enveloping, tuneful and peaceful even by the standards of regular BM let alone the raw stuff.

Hulder is boring.

Anytime I try to check her music out, I almost inevitably tune out. Granted I'm not the biggest black metal fan, but usually I can at least see the appeal in something.

This just sounds so shit to me. Am I crazy?