Controversial opinions on metal

MR has, for me, more of my less-preferred 70's influence than I can usually get into. I recognize the uniqueness of the band and certainly understand how they can be a pretty ultimate group depending on what someone likes, but there's just a certain type of doom-fuzz that I've never ever ever been able to get into, mixing with the USPM stuff, that just doesn't work well to me. Oddly enough the closest I got to liking them was with the stuff from 'The Courts of Chaos', which many would argue is one of their doomiest.

I don't know how high on the controversy level it can be since the band only has a few hundred fans or so, but 'Leaving Your Body Map' is my favorite maudlin of the Well album. Most everything I read seems to place 'Bath' higher out of the two and I love both but I love the former much more and have some trouble figuring out why more people don't..

Remnants of War > Nosferatu? May be true, stay tuned.

i'm not sure, it's not as inventive and sweeping but it's more direct, which i like. great vocal performance as well.

'crystal logic' is the best album of the first half of the '80s by a country mile, it's just incredible, totally enchanting.

I don't know how high on the controversy level it can be since the band only has a few hundred fans or so, but 'Leaving Your Body Map' is my favorite maudlin of the Well album. Most everything I read seems to place 'Bath' higher out of the two and I love both but I love the former much more and have some trouble figuring out why more people don't..

I love both but prefer Bath. I can't say why really. Excellent albums.