Controversial opinions on metal

Slayer is for most part a boring recycle riff machine, Kreator`s not. Both bands blew in the 90s though, with exception of Coma of Souls which is one of the greatest thrash metal albums of all time.

I'm sad to say I find a lot of Slayer's stuff quite dull. There are a few really great tracks here and there on RIB and HA for instance, but I rarely find myself wanting to sit through a whole album apart from RIB which is quite short anyway. Too much filler all round. Still though, their contribution to the genre can't be understated. So many bands took their foundations and made thrash that is imo a lot more interesting to listen to on a regular basis.

Kreator blow them out of the water on all fronts.

Why is it that no one seems to talk about Ripping Corpse, Revenant, or Devastation when discussing death/trash?

-King Diamond's vocals (for both KD and Mercyful Fate), when he sounds high-pitched like a little kid going "eeee!", are so fucking awful.... and this is coming from someone who thinks Cirith Ungol's vocals are quite tolerable.

Yes.... also hate Cradle of Filth for that.

Oh and and Three Inches of Blood

:bah:

Why is it that no one seems to talk about Ripping Corpse, Revenant, or Devastation when discussing death/trash?

Because they aren't as well as known as whatever band you're thinking of that is talked about.

Dreaming With the Dead has some seriously awesome riffs, though.