Controversial opinions on metal

I love Morbid Angel but i always wished that their guitar tone was a little sharper or crunchier, because sometimes it sounds too "tame" IMO.(not lead tone)

I hate Nile's guitar tone on all their albums except for Annihilation of the Wicked, but still a great band

Nile is boring trash. lol.

Altars of Madness has one of the greatest death metal guitar tones ever....

Some people seem to think he's too robotic, I just wonder what drugs they're taking, and where can I get them.

yeah, he's just awesome in general.
also for a controversial opinion
Effigy of the Forgotten > Pierced From Within

And even if it was exactly the same riff and it was known that Sodom deliberately lifted the riff for use in their own song, that would still be irrelevant when the riff is placed in an entirely different context.

I'm talking about the verse riff, which is used in identical context.

http://www.divshare.com/download/6497754-0d1

(the Megadeth riff is included too; skip to 0:28 for the Sacred Reich riff)

You know how many thrash riffs sound similiar, every Kreator riff for example is almost indentical to Slayer's, but no one points that out.

Probably because Slayer riffs are indeed largely samey. It's easier to notice when Kreator rips off Exodus instead.

I'm talking about the verse riff, which is used in identical context.

http://www.divshare.com/download/6497754-0d1

(the Megadeth riff is included too; skip to 0:28 for the Sacred Reich riff)

Probably because Slayer riffs are indeed largely samey. It's easier to notice when Kreator rips off Exodus instead.

Like how Cold Demons by Vader sounds almost exactly like a Slayer riff, i just can't remember which one.

People "take" riffs all the time, but they usually aren't identical, and if the band is respectable then they always make it sound their own and it usually isn't on purpose. It's hard to not sound atleast a little like the great bands that came before you and influenced you...

To be fair I could name many favorite songs of mine guilty of a riff filching or something equivalent, but if the band can do it in a way different than the original ("context") I don't really care. I know that Metallica admits to outright taking one of Sanitarium's riffs from Rush's Tom Sawyer, but when they are open about it and do it in a way almost unrecognizable I have absolutely no problem with it. Sodom's Agent Orange is an already uncreative band trying to squeeze an album out of their filthy asshole after ingesting as many other band's works as possible. The late 80's were terrible for the lower-first/upper-second tier bands, all of them hearing nothing but Big 4 this and MTV that and saying "Hai, we can do that too!" See Overkill's Elimination for a similarly uninspired song.