convince me to buy a JVM410

i had the 410H, it sounded decent on my bands ep, but we tracked a couple songs with a fireball and the fireball destroyed it. Live, I literally hated that amp. But in all fairness i didn't have a good boost or eq pedal to use with it at the time. IMO, they are supposed to offer flexibility and kind of an all in one package, having all of the channels and modes they do, but i was never very impressed with the high gain chanels and without a midi router to bring a boost and eq in and out of the loop they are pretty much worthless for agressive heavier stuff like djent, death metal, or anything requiring that articulated mid range punch.

Watershed. 'Nuff said.

YES!
This is what you do when you get this monster:
Record the first minutes of Heir Apparent. With these instructions in mind.
On Watershed i used the Marshall JVM together with the Mesa cab for the main rhythms. The secondary pair is Mesa Dual Rectifier through the MF400. SM57 and Royer on the main pair, 2x SM57 and one SM58 on the secondary pair (if my memory serves me).

:D

It's a cool amp. I still love mine. Yeah it's not a JCM800. It's honestly not very much like any Marshall at all. Really looking forward to see whether you love it/hate it or just feel indifferent hehe.

There's a very detailed mod out there to turn the crunch channel into a one for one clone of the 2203. But then you still get to keep the Fender inspired clean channel (I for one prefer the red mode on that for crunch over the stock crunch channels) and the insnaity that is OD1 & OD2. The OD channels are hissy, and that is my biggest beef with the amp.

Do try some unorthodox EQ though (cut bass/mid/treble instead of boosting), and crank it, although it sounds ok at bedroom levels too, but cranked the resonance and presence controls really start to work. Plays nice with the usual suspects in my experience (tube screamers, mxrs, dod 308/250s, rats).

DSL's are alright, I used to have a DSL50 (good) and a DSL100 (better)
Awesome rock amps, the 100 was better for metal than the 50 I found, low end was much bigger and tighter and the gain was more aggressive sounding.
JVM's still a much better amp though in my opinion.

JVM410 = JVM410H ?
Tried a quick search on the net, didn't really get cleared up for me...

a friend of mine sells or sold his 410H...think it sounded quite good when I heared it live once.
Never played one so far

Recto cab makes everything sound better.

I laugh at the people who say they don't like them.

Nice mix edit. Kick is pretty beastly. I like how you sat the vocals.

Not a bad clip Lasse. Maybe too bright for my personal taste, but shows it's an amp with plenty of potential on tap.
Have people found it to be particularly noisy with active pickups too?

It's a hissy preamp I think (too many gainstages perhaps?), you can minimize the noise by playing with the channel and master volumes (easy on the first and crank the latter), the added bonus being the resonance and presence controls get more pronounced but if you hit it wide open the od channels do have a serious amount of hiss. A Decimator G string 4 cable is kinda necessary for serious studio use IMHO.

Glad to see Lasse like it. OD2 Red and OD1 orange are my particular choices, along with clean red and green. The more I play it the more I can hear it's "signature thing" and the crunch channel while having a different feel, just sounds like a less saturated od1. The clean channel is very nice since the tonestack is behind the preamp, fender style, gives the whole thing a different dimension. I've never seen such wildly opposing opinions about an amp like this one, but I really can't see a reason why people hate it so much. It sure isn't a typical Marshall, which, in my opinion (barring the 2203) is largely a good thing (I never liked the JCM 2000s)