Cool on Leaves Eyes

I gotta say I have never seen them live and I enjoy them on disc so I am ready to see them. Though my initial reaction was, why? But the Kamelot opening slot makes sense

This news MADE my day today! I had to stop myself from squealing...I can tell ProgPower is going to be one of the most awesome experiences of my life! So many awesome bands to begin with and now there is ANOTHER ONE! :kickass:

Knowing many non-English speakers, many of which being in bands themselves, and myself being one who has been studying the English language for some time, I have to say that anyone who does this is a high caliber asshole (and chances are, probably doesn't know English very well themselves!).
Yeah... we live in the only country where people only know one language and are proud of that fact. Personally, I'm embarrassed that I only know one language, when I travel abroad. That said, I've never understood why bands, for whom English isn't a first language, don't involve someone to help them clean things up, so to speak.

BTWZ Zod, props for the Fen and Drudkh nods. They put out some stellar albums this year.
Agreed. Both are stellar discs.

Time to make Zod jealous reply. I saw Dreadnaught way back in 99 supporting Nevermore.
Niiiice.
I'm off to see Voyager next month.:kickass:
And I'm guessing you've seen Eyefear as well?

Zod

And I'm guessing you've seen Eyefear as well?

Zod

I've gotten to see Eyefear myself - at the first BAR Fest couple of years back. Really awesome guys.

However, I would love to get to see Voyager sometime, though.

As for the Leave's Eye thing. I've seen them three times myself and have enjoyed their set. I am not a huge die-hard fan of them, but I am pretty excited to get to see them again. Did not realize Leave's Eye had a newer album out. I did find it on eMusic, so I did get a chance to listen to it. Sounds pretty good.

I liked ToT and dislike Leaves Eyes so maybe it's the band for you. ;)
They're not really much alike despite both being termed gothic metal. Of course, ToT has been more in the industrial rock and futurepop genres since 2000.

Actually, just an FYI. ToT just came out with a new album, which is back to the old sound. I'd check it out if you're a fan.

Thankfully I missed it, but I figured it was only a matter of time before the foolishness kicked in on the other original thread. Although I'm a little frustrated by it, I understand Glenn's choice to delete the respectful/positive posts as well.

It seems no thread with mention of Leaves' Eyes on this board has remained civil since 2006. For that reason I was somewhat surprised by their addition to the festival, but very glad Glenn's choice was not affected by those on this board who don't seem as appreciative of the band's talent and because of that choose to focus on other less relevant aspects of the band's performances.

Very glad to see Leaves' Eyes added to the bill this year. :headbang: Thanks Glenn! You never cease to amaze us! :worship:

I actually think 2006 might have been the last time I saw them, so it will be nice to finally see them again live and with some great new material. I picked up their recent album at ProgPower and I've really been enjoying it. (It's been fighting it out with Delian and Nocturnal Rights in my player for the last few weeks.) I'm hoping that perhaps the addition of Leave's Eyes to the fest roster will mean some other special additions of more Lucidity material to Delain's set that weekend which would make me even more happy. ;)

Honestly, maybe PP will change my opinion of them as part of the problem I've had both times seeing them as an opener is that her voice does not project and Alex constantly yelling over her to get the crowd hyped only made matters worse. Maybe someone at the soundboard who will actually adjust her vocals so they're audible will help.

I like ToT and Leaves Eyes, but the above comment is something the band should possibly consider. Liv's is an amazing albeit very delicate refined voice, and the guy singer should be less aggressive onstage. It would make their live performances better. But yes I am seriously looking forward to LE. :cool:

Honestly, maybe PP will change my opinion of them as part of the problem I've had both times seeing them as an opener is that her voice does not project and Alex constantly yelling over her to get the crowd hyped only made matters worse. Maybe someone at the soundboard who will actually adjust her vocals so they're audible will help.
I joke about the accents and banter but it's the only thing I even like about seeing them live so far.
That has been exactly my impression and I've seen them at least three times, might be more. Same thing each time. On CD they're much better, but live they sound strained and out of synch.

I enjoy Leaves' Eyes. They were one of the first female fronted bands I ever got into, and I still have a lot of affection for them. They're reliably fun, although they're not, I must admit, the best band in the business.

Saw this band in Monterrey Metal Fest in Mexico back in 2006 I think, good band, not my main interest in PPXI but is great Gleen keep addding bands to the fest, hope he can add another susprise band for saturday like danish trash legends ARTILLERY or FALCONER maybe?, just dreaming.

Saw this band in Monterrey Metal Fest in Mexico back in 2006 I think, good band, not my main interest in PPXI but is great Gleen keep addding bands to the fest, hope he can add another susprise band for saturday like danish trash legends ARTILLERY or FALCONER maybe?, just dreaming.

Artillery won't happen, as much as I'd love it to. They're too heavy and thrashy for the fest to be honest. Not saying I wouldn't love to see them. I have all their stuff and they are probably the most underrated thrash band out there.