Cool Reviews of The Empires

German review from www.rocktimes.de

Seems a good review on the Worldlingo translator thingy. Seemed to be warning people not to listen to the CD while driving, you might crash!!!

9.5/10 From www.metaldomination.net
Review from Metal Domination:

I always admire artist that don't forget the people that put a small stone in order to promote their music.
Biomechanical and John K. had sent to me their first album before two years if i am not mistaken and even if his band sign a record deal with Earache Records, now with their new album, send it to me again.

This time the album title is "The Empires of the worlds" and it includes fourteen dynamites as their debut one, which was a blast in your head. Biomechanical walks in a tighten rope between extreme and modern metal, but they achieve to do it perfectly.

Their label characterizes them as the perfect mix between Judas Priest and Pantera in order to give to you the picture of their music and i will agree with them. They have the classic heavy metal elements from Judas Priest but also the aggressive attitude from Pantera.
Again the vocal work is most excellent but also the guitar work is remarkable, just hear the guitar solo from "Relinquished destiny" and you will remember my words. The rhythm section is really good and the drums sometimes reach the blast beat.

Last but not least, the compositions are well worked and really complex, but the band makes an excellent work. A new star in the metal scene has rise don't miss the chance and not hear their album.
9,5/10

4.5/5 at The Metal Forge

Very, very few bands have the ability to meld together the old school and the new school in a way that results in a hybrid of all of the best elements of both. Imagine taking the best elements of Judas Priest, Pantera, Nevermore and Queensryche and mix them all together with a film score. Old school riffs, over the top guitar riffs and leads, insane thumping drums and vocals that wail and bark – The Empires Of The Worlds has it all.

This five piece from London U.K. rather quietly unleashed their debut album Eight Moons in October 2003 on Revolver Records and since that time, Earache’s Elitist Records have signed this original concoction of modern meets classic metal. Working with metal maestro Andy Sneap (Nevermore, Napalm Death), they unleash their latest album onto a largely unsuspecting public.

After a half minute of so of industrial type effects, Enemy Within begins with its Flight Of The Bumblebee inspired riffs. A few over the top synth effects add a non intrusive layer to the classic Anselmo sounding vocals of John K. The chugging riffs of title track and the off time feel of Assaulter will bring a Cheshire Cat like grin to face of the most diehard Pantera fans. Relinquished Destiny offers up a change of pace and style that further highlights the quality of the song writing and musicianship of this group that already impressed with the first three tracks. You could almost mistake Long Time Dead for being the token ballad until the chorus really drives this song to a new level with its Nevermore sounding chorus.

The Pantera influences never wane for those who rate the days of Cowboys From Hell and Vulgar Display Of Power as their favourite era. The orchestral breakdown midway through Regenerated provides something from left field before the slightly off kilter feel of DNA Metastasis returns us to our previous program in a good way. Fast and furious riffing and thundering drums signals the start of Survival and they continue with the relentlessly challenging Survival. Existenz plows along with enough momentum to do some real damage whilst Truth Denied relies on its frantic speed and dynamic changes to deliver the goods. The final track Absolution, is made up of four parts. Three quarters of this track draw heavily on the film score like synth effects and Halford style vocals and the final climatic part, is a return to the full steam ahead brutality that Biomechanical subjected us to previously.

There’s little to criticise with The Empires Of The Worlds. There’s a plethora of punishing riffs and twiddly-diddly-behind-the-head guitar solos all being driven ferociously by some incredible drumming. Add to that a never out of place contrast of screaming banshee and growling like Phil Anselmo (Superjoint Ritual, ex Pantera) vocals and some clever orchestral parts and Biomechanical are truly something very special in today’s world of metal. All of this is in the space of some clever and dynamic song writing makes this an album that you should not ignore!