COREY TAYLOR Will Not Sing On New ANTHRAX Album

ANTHRAX has abandoned plans to utilize the services of SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor on its next album due to scheduling conflicts with Taylor's other projects. ANTHRAX is said to be currently looking for a new singer to join the fold, although this has not yet been officially confirmed by the band or its management.

ANTHRAX split with singer Joey Belladonna in January, less than two years after reuniting with him and other members of the band's "classic" lineup of the '80s and early '90s. Vocalist John Bush had been a member of the band before that, from 1992 to 2005.

Taylor confirmed that he was working with ANTHRAX on material for their next studio album in a June 2007 interview with Germany's Rock Hard magazine. Asked if he would become the group's vocalist, Taylor said, "It's been bandied about. I'm not saying anything right now because all it's been is just talked about...It kind of started as a joke. And then the more we talked about it, the more serious it got. I'm gonna at least help them out. It's kind of a dream come true — ANTHRAX is one of my favorite bands."

Taylor said in June that he and ANTHRAX were "taking baby steps," but that he had written lyrics for eight or nine songs. He also admitted that while he was interested in singing for ANTHRAX, "I'm in two huge bands right now. So it's like I barely get enough time to sleep, let alone do another band."

Taylor is currently on the road with STONE SOUR and is scheduled to regroup with SLIPKNOT later in the year. It is also unlikely that Taylor would be able to record with ANTHRAX since he is signed to Roadrunner Records (ANTHRAX is believed to still have a European record deal with Nuclear Blast).

Corey Taylor's video interview with Germany's Rock Hard magazine in which he confirmed that he was working with ANTHRAX on material for their upcoming studio album is available at YouTube.

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=78167

SO SHUT UP! :D

Well, if the band needs a singer, I'm more than willing to try-out. :)

Would this mean that Billy Milano was...WRONG???:lol:

Oh, wait...he also "predicted" that John Bush would re-join, so he still has a chance!:rolleyes:

YESSSSS..... *ahem*
Sorry, Corey Taylor wasn't my cuppa tea anyway and was VERY nervous when I heard he might be the next Anthrax singer.

So in one way, this is good news, but in another... who the Hell will be the singer NOW??? :confused:

If I was one to decide, I'd say either get a singer that sounds like a mix of Joey and John, or sounds like something totally different as long as he can sing both eras of stuff plus the stuff they will write with/for him.

I'm still predicting John Bush. Unlike some people, I make a prediction and stick with it. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it!

Well, this isn't exactly suprising is it? How lame. I don't know---I think once you go the reunion route and that blows up on you, you are pretty much done. I mean, they've managed to piss off the Joey and John fans through this whole thing so I really don't know whose left. Bringing a heavy hitter like Corey in to the band was the only thing that would have given it a decent chance of succeeding. At this point, they would need to form a new band with some other kick ass guys, kind of like Hellyeah or (pardon the example) Stone Sour if they want to keep making a career out of this. Scott and Charlie have enough name recognition to make something like that happen.

Re-name the band or just hang it up altogether. What if Joey, Spitz and Lilker got together? Could they also call themselves Anthrax? It could be like that comedian Gallagher. His twin brother does the same act under the same name in different parts of the country.
I guess the only thing that is a fact is that none of us should quit our day jobs to become the next Nostredamus.

What if Joey, Spitz and Lilker got together? Could they also call themselves Anthrax?

That would depend on who actually owns the band name. I know L.A. Guns have two different lineups calling themselves L.A. Guns, and Faster Pussycat had something like that going on not too long ago. I seem to recall Yes having two different lineups at one point too.

Call both and be on the safe side!:loco:

That's a bad idea. Asking both and not telling the other that you asked the other is underhanded and shitty. Much like the reunion where they didn't tell either singer if it was permanent or not. You have to make a choice and stick with it or it causes too much drama and puts you into situations...well, much like the one we have right now.