Coronavirus cases and deaths among UM members

The best bit is that every news service wants to bitch about the 2000 people ignoring the new rules and they want to up the outrage as much as possible, yet they all send reporters with camera crews down to the beach to get the reports

They're rich, they don't know better. The media know better but want outrage

I hate the media as much as anybody, but some things deserve to be reported on, exposed and mocked, and thousands of dumb fuck yuppies swarming a beach during a pandemic ranks up there for me.

If those people felt safe, felt like it didn't matter, or if they just felt like are immune that's up to them, they weren't the only gathering yesterday. But when a bunch of employers send 50 people down to a crowded beach to report that the beach shouldn't be crowded and to talk to those who shouldn't be there because they know it will get sweaty palm keyboard jockeys hot in the panties the major problem isn't the ignorant rich people ignoring rules.

The major problem is that people don't listen to experts or safety warnings. An extra 50 fuckwits covering it so people who are already quarantined can get mad seems trivial by comparison to me personally.

Edit: Actually I'd even say social shaming is something I typically support. If one of the deciding factors for retards disregarding social distancing and self-quarantining is "am I going to end up on the news and mocked online" than that's a good thing IMO.

Also knowing via reports that people aren't taking this shit as seriously as me only motivates me to distance myself even more. Without this kind of stuff it could be easy to become complacent and begin to think people are all doing what they should be doing.

Some of the few legitimate utilities of the media.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Butt
I feel sorry for Kenny Rogers, he died but all the world wants to talk about is a bug :p

The cases in NY/NYC are pretty much out of control at this point. Over 10,000 cases state wide and NYC having over 7,000 cases. I will say that it seems as though the state of New York is doing the most testing out of all the states. I read that they've done 45,000 tests while California has done about 23,000 and Washington State 20-something-thousand as well. Shit can turn around, but we definitely need to start buying equipment and stuff from other countries. Some doctors on my FB posted about not having any masks... We need ventilators, masks and other stuff like that. And of course, the prices are gouged for those, which really should be illegal. As far as mortality goes, this is where I really hope we can avoid being Italy... I was reading an article about how the doctors there who are treating this are dying which is just awful. I honestly won't be surprised if America gets over 100,000 cases. I hope most of those cases are mild.

Edit: @TechnicalBarbarity yes they were doing the same at my school (giving the kids a bagged lunch), but now all non-essential businesses have to be closed. I believe my school is closed at this point. They say until April 20th, but realistically I won't see the kids until September with the way this thing is going.

I've been just trying to keep my fridge stocked, look after my mom, and if I go outside I literally take all my outside clothes including my jacket and throw it into the washing machine on hot with an extra scope of detergent and on two cycles lol. Our laundry shit is in the basement, and my mom has clothes folded for me in the basement to change into. Like i just -can't- get her sick. lol. But obviously while out, I don't go near anyone, don't touch surfaces, and all that shit. But obviously going out is rare now. I'm working from home, so it's just to get groceries or essentials really.

Last edited:
Reactions: zabu of nΩd
We will be entering a golden age of bedroom black metal, mark my words folks.

:lol:

So there's a new rule that stores with food and pharmacies are only open for boomers from 7 to 9 am and then millenials and genzers can buy stuff. I wonder what they come up with next, I don't really see a point in this measure but ok, weird flex, but ok.

:lol:

I'm having to learn to teach online, which is a little weird, but Zoom is free for teachers right now, so I think I'll manage. My philosophy students seemed up for it, but they're a bunch of nerds, so it's no surprise. We'll see what percentage I can get for my mainstream English classes. Anyways, I'm lucky that I can still work and get paid during this time.

Pelosi is a total corporate shill and I hate that so many people buy into her #resistance stunts. Hopefully, after Biden and Pelosi gift-wrap a second term for Trump, Democrat boomers will get over their infatuation with these corporate neoliberals who stand for nothing... but they'll probably just try and shove Buttigieg or Harris down our throats again in four years.

Not to be outdone, Richard Burr seems to have engaged in insider trading when he found out how severe coronavirus is. He sold millions of dollars in stock (including stocks to hotels), warned his donors how bad coronavirus would be, while telling the public there would be nothing to worry about. Sounds like a couple others might have been on the insider trading.

Reactions: CiG