Coronavirus cases and deaths among UM members

Actually just bought a pack of Extra Stout for the first time before the recent Exhorder/Overkill show, good stuff, still have a couple in the fridge.
nice, so if you liked that then i suggest you randomly try different Stout beers. Preferably Russian Imperial Stouts. Beers that you have one or two of because they taste good and go well with food. And they also age well. Old Rasputin shouldnt be to hard to get, definitely give that one a go next time you're at a supermarket or something.

Reactions: HamburgerBoy
It's the same for us and Fosters. In the 70's we convinced the world it was first class beer, sponsored major events and called it "Australia's beer" then when the rest of the world was convinced we started exporting it by the ship load so we didn't have to drink the shit any more.

Stock piling bog rolls is now a sport. There are those who do it because their fucked up mind says they wont be able to shit for a month if there is no bog roll in the house. Then then are those of us who are just buying it to play keepings off. We'll see who wins!
yeah, most people here dont drink Fosters but i'd say it's better than most of the other rice beers we have out here. I dont mind the green cans/"premium". Blue ones are pure shit though.

im just saying its not beer for people who actually like beer. Its "beer" for people who just want to get wasted or drink something cold on a hot day.
Yeah I don't think the majority of people who drink beer are actually into beer (if numbers on which beers are most popular are to be believed).
maybe not out there, but that's definitely not the case over here.
Isn't the most popular beer in America Bud Light?
might be since its the one of the only ones that's usually sold at all the big events. Doesnt reflect what people who like beer actually go out and buy or drink. Im even forced to drink that shit when at sporting events. But again, people who like beer and go to bars dont go there for bud lights and most bars dont even carry it. So yeah, most "beer drinkers" dont touch that stuff.
I'm just looking at the numbers on which beers sell the most.
well which beers sell the most has nothign to do with what beer drinkers prefer. It has to do with what the average person prefers or can get their paws on, which is pretty much what ive been saying.

That's what I was saying from the start lol. Nothing about what "beer drinkers" like, just that I think most people who drink beer aren't actually into beer. Pretty sure we agree here.

Is most beer consumed in bars or at sports events? I didn't take that into consideration initially, but if true then it would be much more accurate to compare those numbers. I'd be interested to know what kinds of beer people buy and take home.

i guess we have a different outlook on "people who drink beer", which imo = "beer drinkers".

and yes most places that buy very large volumes of those crappy microbrews are public events. Doing the same thing with craft beers would be literally impossible since they actually take their time and effort to produce something beer drinkers enjoy.

Conflating what people are forced to buy at events with what people prefer to buy in any other situation makes those statistics damn near meaningless in that case.

Conflating what people are forced to buy at events with what people prefer to buy in any other situation makes those statistics damn near meaningless in that case.
yea plus like i said the average person whos looking for a cold drink doesn't really give a fuck ... and tbh they would most likely dislike IPAs, Stouts, etc anyway. most of my friends who arent drinkers dont like craft beers and would go for a corona or a bud light. And yea dude i cant imagine how many gallons of pisswater like Bud Light, Coors light, Modelo, etc get pushed at some the events we have out here.

Is most beer consumed in bars or at sports events?
76% of beers consumed "out of home" per statista.

I was curious if I could find top beers by at-home volume, but couldn't. Probably a lot of companies don't bother to measure it, or don't want us to know. This may be the closest you can get to what you're looking for, though it's probably still far more determined by distribution deals than buyer preference.

Untitled.jpg

https://www.brewersassociation.org/...017-top-50-brewing-companies-by-sales-volume/

Reactions: CiG
76% of beers consumed "out of home" per statista.

I was curious if I could find top beers by at-home volume, but couldn't. Probably a lot of companies don't bother to measure it, or don't want us to know. This may be the closest you can get to what you're looking for, though it's probably still far more determined by distribution deals than buyer preference.

View attachment 23960

https://www.brewersassociation.org/...017-top-50-brewing-companies-by-sales-volume/
i dont know a single bar(or person tbh) out here in California that carries or drinks anything form Yuenling, you wont even find that stuff at the supermarkets. Sam Adams/Boston beer isnt too popular out here either. Rest of that list has some pretty damn solid names, most of which are craft breweries. ... that being said im pretty sure that list is nowhere near correct as far as what most of the population here puts in their fridge

Yeah it's a load of bullshit that they're using those statistics to determine which beers Americans love the most. That'd be like ranking popcorn among the most loved foods because they serve it at the cinema and at sports events.

i dont know a single bar(or person tbh) out here in California that carries or drinks anything form Yuenling, you wont even find that stuff at the supermarkets. Sam Adams/Boston beer isnt too popular out here either. Rest of that list has some pretty damn solid names, most of which are craft breweries.
Weird... I've seen Sam at plenty of bars and restaurants in the mid-atlantic (though I haven't been to a bar in years). Sam and Yuengling are both ubiquitous in grocery stores here. To me the first 4 on that list are so mass-produced they don't really count, and I don't know most of the rest well enough to speak for them.

Weird... I've seen Sam at plenty of bars and restaurants in the mid-atlantic (though I haven't been to a bar in years). Sam and Yuengling are both ubiquitous in grocery stores here. To me the first 4 on that list are so mass-produced they don't really count, and I don't know most of the rest well enough to speak for them.
oh dont get me wrong, we have Sam Adams at just about every supermarket and every other bar, but most people just don't drink that stuff out here. I dont mind most of their stuff though, Old Fezziwig is probably my favorite beer they have.

and yeah New Belgium and Sierra Nevada(whch i love btw) are very popular craft breweries. Although a lot of stuff NB puts out is pretty meh.

Stone, Deschutes, Bells and Dogfish Head are some of the best craft breweries imo.

Yeah it's a load of bullshit that they're using those statistics to determine which beers Americans love the most. That'd be like ranking popcorn among the most loved foods because they serve it at the cinema and at sports events.
yeah dude if were taking just overall sales into account there's no way most of those companies would even crack the top 10. Anheuser-Busch (the parent company of Budweiser, Bud Light, Busch, Michelob, Natties, Shock Top, etc) would probably be at the top of any of those lists. There is not a single place here that doesnt sell their stuff,

I'm sure the big beer companies have plenty of data on what people actually *like* in a fair comparison, but they're not gonna share valuable IP like that. The basic sales data like I posted is just the minimum they have to report for shareholders and such.

i dont know a single bar(or person tbh) out here in California that carries or drinks anything form Yuenling, you wont even find that stuff at the supermarkets. Sam Adams/Boston beer isnt too popular out here either. Rest of that list has some pretty damn solid names, most of which are craft breweries. ... that being said im pretty sure that list is nowhere near correct as far as what most of the population here puts in their fridge

yuengling is huge on the east coast.

pretty much every gas station and bar I can think of have it. Not that I hardly even consider it craft beer but yeah it’s massive on this side of the US.

I’m not big on Guinness but I do have some Flying Dog Mint Condition and Sam Smith chocolate stouts in my fridge right now.

Went to the asian grocery today, ate some dimsum and congee, bought some rice, crabs, sauces, etc

anyone else think heinikin (however tf you spell it) fucking sucks?? cheap light beers like bud light natural light etc are way better...im assuming those are cheaper but being 19 i dont pay for beer i just steal it

Yeah it's amazing to consider just how many people seem to think that with impending doom looming wiping your arse on a bit of soft paper is the biggest concern.