Coronavirus cases and deaths among UM members

oh okay. :lol:

btw, the person who caught it after being vaccinated is one of the top nurses at one of the busiest hospitals we have out here (Huntington Hospital). She said she wouldnt have gotten the vaccine either if her job didnt make it mandatory. I'd take perspective thats grounded in reality over perspective thats based off fear and spoon-fed bullshit any day.

and btw my mom had pre existing conditions and was supposed to be one the "at risk" people. She's perfectly fine now, as is just about every other person i know who has tested "positive"
The simpleton argument in full force. "I don't need me no learning, ma says it's all codswallop"

i know two people who've had it so far. my friend tested positive and although he hasn't been hospitalised it's basically ruined his life for the past six months, he's still only working part time hours 'cause he's so drained physically (edit: and it's some tech office job working from home i should add lol, not a labour job or something). mid-'30s, i think he has mild asthma but wasn't an at risk person or anything, pretty unlucky. his girlfriend also had it and was fine after a few days.

oh the irony :lol:

btw i wasnt trying to argue about anything. So yeah you can take your deep and well thought out "but youz need to volunteerz in da hospitalz to knowz" comment and go fuck yourself.
"Go fuck yourself"... always the well thought out and measured response that shows maturity and insight. I stand corrected. You are probably who I will listen to in regards to all future medical decisions while I navigate the rest of the covid pandemic. Thank you for your wisdom.

btw, the person who caught it after being vaccinated is one of the top nurses at one of the busiest hospitals we have out here (Huntington Hospital). She said she wouldnt have gotten the vaccine either if her job didnt make it mandatory. I'd take perspective thats grounded in reality over perspective thats based off fear and spoon-fed bullshit any day.
I wouldn't be so sure. A few nurses and ex-nurses peddle conspiracy theories and the like. Anyway, testing positive a week after being vaccinated amounts to nothing but bad luck. The first dose of the vaccine takes a couple of weeks to kick in and be effective.

Doesn't it also depend on the vax given? I'm sure I remember the experts here saying AZ doesn't necessarily stop you getting covid and you may still test positive but it stops you being able to pass it on to others. Or words to that effect.

Got my 1st Pfizer shot yesterday. I don’t give a shit about covid nor do I give a shit about the vaccine. Neither will do anything to my impenetrable body.

But when the borders reopen, I just want to have a vaccine card to shove in the face of airport customs officials. You might say I’m bowing down to government control, yielding to “the man”. Perhaps you’re right.

But nothing, not even my pride, can stand in the way of my ability to lick European anus. Nothing!

Last edited:
oh okay. :lol:

and btw my mom had pre existing conditions and was supposed to be one the "at risk" people. She's perfectly fine now, as is just about every other person i know who has tested "positive"
Not to be that guy (don't come at me with agression for saying this) but anecdotal evidence from someone who's neither a scientist nor a doctor means little to nothing in the scientific scheme of things

i got the one-shot-vaccine, so i don't have to worry about showing up to the appointment for the second-shot
before the pandemic i knew the words "COVID" and "coronavirus"
i knew these words as "something that Lysol kills"
i don't know about the rest of the world
but in Dallas, Texas, USA
before the pandemic the masks labeled "N-95" were fucking everywhere
as litter
you couldn't walk around outside without tripping over/stepping on something stamped "N-95"
but then there was a "N-95 mask shortage"
so what the fuck happened??
did the factories that make N-95 masks get shut down when the bars and resturaunts shut down??
i was actually being kinda serious when i said i was "patient zero"
in the middle of summer 2019 i temporarily lost my sense of smell
at the time i thought it was because of the meth i was smoking
didn't care that my sense of smell was gone because all my other senses remained intact and i reaquired my sense of smell before december
so i really could have healed from Coronavirus before anyone had even labeled it as a thing especially when you take into consideration the fact that i'm always a typhoid-mary when it comes to a "regular flu"

also
i've never had any kind of side-effect reactions from any vaccines, ever
and the paperwork for the one-shot-vaccine says "this vaccine does not contain any virus and cannot infect any person with coronavirus"
so i neither expected nor experienced any of the side-effects you guys are describing

i don't know about the rest of the world
but in Dallas, Texas, USA
before the pandemic the masks labeled "N-95" were fucking everywhere
as litter
you couldn't walk around outside without tripping over/stepping on something stamped "N-95"
That's because you hang around hospitals looking to suck the toes of women dazed on hard painkillers.

That's because you hang around hospitals looking to suck the toes of women dazed on hard painkillers.
:lol:
actually i was specifically refering to areas that were NOT in front of hospitals
i was refering to people using masks stamped N95 for painting houses/gazebos, spray-painting graffiti/murals, etc etc
these fucking N95 masks really were fucking everywhere right when 2019 turned into 2020

I'm sure I remember the experts here saying AZ doesn't necessarily stop you getting covid and you may still test positive but it stops you being able to pass it on to others.
i remember Dr Fouchi trying to say something about getting the vaccine had the possibility of preventing you from having symptoms and making you an asymptomatic carrier or some such shit

got invited at random to take part in a COVID test through the post, so i guess i'll find out if i've come into contact with anyone who's come into contact with anyone who's come into contact with anyone who's come into contact with arg's tongue.