Coronavirus cases and deaths among UM members

The origin of COVID: Did people or nature open Pandora’s box at Wuhan?

Now the info starts to come out. First convincing article I've seen suggesting the virus was more likely to be man-made than natural. It adds that even if it was natural, the virologists were making numerous trips collecting virus samples from caves and taking them back to their Wuhan lab, meaning they probably started the outbreak one way or another. It also adds that their research was US-funded.

remember when the american news was saying the phrase "asymptomatic carrier" every 5 min??
and remember how no one has said that phrase since thanksgiving??
the news stopped saying the phrase "non-symptomatic carrier" because no one wants to acknowledge that the number of non-symtomatic carriers" is actually a huge-ass amount of the population
possibly including people who drink shit-tons of coffee
https://www.kbtx.com/2020/12/23/res...eine-to-help-fight-off-viruses-like-covid-19/

The origin of COVID: Did people or nature open Pandora’s box at Wuhan?

Now the info starts to come out. First convincing article I've seen suggesting the virus was more likely to be man-made than natural. It adds that even if it was natural, the virologists were making numerous trips collecting virus samples from caves and taking them back to their Wuhan lab, meaning they probably started the outbreak one way or another. It also adds that their research was US-funded.
On the other hand, a chap on Twitter refuting the key science in that article:
https://twitter.com/K_G_Andersen/status/1391507230848032772

Guess we'll give the nerds a couple more years to figure it out.

Reactions: CiG
before the pandemic started
i knew the word "coronavirus" as "something Lysol kills"

and just now i saw this article that makes a pretty good argument saying that Corona-virus will pretty quickly stop being lethal
https://www.statnews.com/2021/05/19...cientists-look-to-the-past-to-see-the-future/

at this point i feel the need to point out that
when it comes to people that know me face-to-face
nobody came anywhere close to death
i know a bunch of people IRL who "tested positive" with absolutely no symptoms whatsoever
i know people who had temporarily loosing sense of smell as their one-and-only-symptom
and i know people who got sick for 1 single day and then healed
but absolutely none of the people that have actually met me face-to-face came anywhere near death when they caught corona-virus

or
perhaps the other countries will figure out why they have a lower death toll
such as the general population eating a specific food or something

The first 'international' live music gig since all this shit (that I'm aware of) took place here last night. Kim Salmon from Australia playing a solo show. I didn't go but a friend did. The show's not part of a tour so I guess Kim had some other reason to travel to Auckland, but it's still some kind of milestone.

Meanwhile over here where about half the country are again in lockdown we let fucking movies stars and dignitaries in willy nilly and let politicians and rich fuckers fly out and back whenever they are happy to pay for a ticket. Still I'd have paid to see Kim Salmon haven't since him for about 30 years.

The first 'international' live music gig since all this shit (that I'm aware of) took place here last night. Kim Salmon from Australia playing a solo show. I didn't go but a friend did. The show's not part of a tour so I guess Kim had some other reason to travel to Auckland, but it's still some kind of milestone.
live music came back
woo-hoo
ALSO
The Church re-opened with live music too
https://www.facebook.com/TheChurchDallas

the problem here is that if no one knew coronavirus was even happening and if the restaurants and concert venues hadn't shut down and if no one had acted any differently than a normal fucking flu season, heard immunity would have happened a whole fucking year ago

Hospitals would've been overrun and the death rate would be much higher. Maybe not as bad as Mexico where deaths are 9% of cases, but still not good. Wise people would've figured it out and stayed away from everyone else if they could.

Hospitals would've been overrun and the death rate would be much higher. Maybe not as bad as Mexico where deaths are 9% of cases, but still not good. Wise people would've figured it out and stayed away from everyone else if they could.
not necessarily
hospitals really wouldn't have really been really "overrun" because nobody would have felt the need to go to the hospital if they didn't know anything other than a regular flu was going on

and right before coronavirus
seven-eleven and C-V-S had these boxes that were labeled "this product guaranteed to cure your flu"
the company making those would have made a fortune

way-the-fuck before they started adding the number "19" to the word "COVID", i knew the words "COVID" and "Coronavirus" as "things that Lysol kills"

and if no one was informed that anything abnormal was going on, and if nothing had been shut down, no one instituted any quarantines lock-downs social distancing face-masks etc, if absolutely none of that had happened, the virus would have spread so fast that the dead people would have died so fast that no one would have even noticed that anything abnormal was even going on until after it was already over

and even then it would have just been a blip on the news
"oh, by the way, the flu everyone just recovered from was made in a lab"

the problem here is that if no one knew coronavirus was even happening and if the restaurants and concert venues hadn't shut down and if no one had acted any differently than a normal fucking flu season, heard immunity would have happened a whole fucking year ago

It's herd--herd immunity.

And that's a horrible fucking take.

Reactions: CiG
there were people who work in virology labs in America going in-and-out of that virology lab in Wuhan every single fucking day right up until the day the workers in Wuhan got identified as having an illness that nobody has ever seen before

therefore
the initial quarantines never had any fucking shot in hell of working because people who have never in their lives been outside of the united states were already infecting each other the day before the workers in Wuhan even had any fucking symptoms

if no one had been informed that anything abnormal was going on, people getting onto planes, going into theaters, mosh-pits, etc, would have spread this shit around the world so fucking fast that herd immunity would have happened before anyone even noticed that anything other than regular flu season was going on