Corpse Bride dvd shelf date jan 31st

biloch

New Metal Member
Jun 23, 2005
Is anyone going to get it? I'm a pretty big tim burton fan so i saw this in theatre but i'm definatly going to own the dvd on the 31st. I also found the official site for the dvd www.corpsebridedvd.com which has some funny corpse bride related goodies.

I do love Tim Burton, he is fantastic and so are his ideas. But I am starting to believe The Nightmare Before Christmas is slightly over-rated, that is simply my opinion. I shall pick up the DVD once it comes out!

nightmare isn't overrated but corpse bride is underrated imo, they are both simply breathtaking, stylistically and technically speaking. I never thought you could go wrong with a burton flick since I saw edward scissorhands and he's been proving that for his whole career.

Thanks for the site, i actually entered the poetry contest haha, this site is pretty cool though, alot of free corpse bride stuff cant go wrong there.

oh man I would love to win something from the movie. have you watched the featurettes on the DVD yet? It's amazing how much detail they put into the puppets. Especially the ones with the mechanical heads. Anyways I will enter that poetry contest for sure.

Hmmm, I haven't seen it on shelves yet (But I rarely go out). If it's cheap (Like most things ARN'T here) I'll get it. If not, I'll be forced to wait. :(

I saw the movie twice in theatres and absolutely loved it.

Still haven't picked it up and want to, but I think I want to wait to see what other versions or special editions might emerge in the very near future. For my b-day in December I got the hard case special edition of Edward Scissorhands and I still haven't opened it. Not sure if I want to either.

I've watched it several times now, I really hope burton pursues more stop motion movies using this technique. It has its drawbacks but its way smoother than claymation in alot of ways, and its still very flexible and in the hands of the master burton I think it always will turn out great.

I am not Burton´s fan. I even didn´t like Sleepy Hollow much, just his batman was ok.
This movie wasn´t disappointment to me, I expected weak scipt and the style of animation isn´t my cup of tea. I appreciate some dead characters - their visage. I wonder why so many people dig it.
I am sure goths love this movie.

i found just like with Nightmare that Corpse Bride was a meaningless technical exercise with not enough going on to keep my interest despite all the flashy nonsense. I usually love Tim Burton, but these two films are definitely exceptions.