Corset night tradition?

Lara - the 24-26" would work if I wore it on my thigh. LOL

Babs - Meana rocks. I got mine at the last minute last year, and she was wonderful. Gonna be getting another from her as soon as I figure out whether or not I'll be the same size as last year. ;)

Jen - welcome to the family! Just be prepared to be ogled like mad. :loco:

Gonna be getting another from her as soon as I figure out whether or not I'll be the same size as last year. ;)

That's the nifty thing about corsets - if they're fitted right, they have a lot of forgiveness for weight gain or loss, at least a couple inches. Far more so than, say, jeans.

I'm hoping to get my mom to make me another overbust before the end of the year - it's the only way I'll get one that's LONG ENOUGH without shelling out for an etailer custom. (Most women have about 2" between their last rib and their hipbone, give or take a bit. I have about 4".)

I haven't experienced that, myself. However, I did hear one person in the vendor area say "Thank God for redheads!" as I walked by. :lol: But that was the only incident.

Okay, I lie, the boyfriend ogles me quite a bit. :D
Hehe. I was mostly referring to the crowd that gathers when we're attempting to take the group photo.

Figured the milk was good for me and figured the bagel was borderline ok, but time to learn to like Grape Nuts (ha ha).

Hey BABS - I think it's better to experiment and find something you LIKE, rather than trying to develop a taste for stuff you can't stand. My favorite breakfast right now is vanilla yogurt, berries, and a bit of lowfat granola. I still enjoy a great bagel with cream cheese. (mmmmm...Bagels...) I just can't have them every morning anymore! :)

Think of this program as giving your "Fates Warning Curse" one less chance to strike. Here's looking forward to seeing you happy and healthy in September! :kickass:

I feel your pain. I finally got into the doctor about my thyroid issue. -MetalRose

MetalRose - Hopefully, you are getting the treatment that you need. I don't know if you are seeing an endocrinologist, but I find that their specialty is diabetes...and thyroid issues tend to be the red-headed stepchild. Even docs that know what they are doing have a tendency to make decisions off of lab results, as opposed to how we are FEELING. (i.e. - if your labs are "normal", but you still feel like crap, you must be a hypochondriac).

I have found that you have to learn as much about your condition as you can, be VERY aggressive in participating in your treatment plan, and switch docs if you need to.

Good luck!

Hehe. I was mostly referring to the crowd that gathers when we're attempting to take the group photo.

Heh, I always thought that was the whole point of taking the photo right by the front door, between the bar areas, where the largest number of people gathers between sets...

Don't get me wrong! If you think I'm suggesting that y'all enjoy the attention... well... I am. :)

I wore the only corset that I had the past two years, but I have a new one for this year. We shall see how this one looks. Newbies are very welcome and I hope to see some more around this year.!!!

LOL, I remember that from the first year (the only photo I was in) and it was like a lightning storm from all the flashes going off. I remember some dude with a British accent compared it to the "paparazzi" (ha ha).

I'm hoping to get my mom to make me another overbust before the end of the year - it's the only way I'll get one that's LONG ENOUGH without shelling out for an etailer custom. (Most women have about 2" between their last rib and their hipbone, give or take a bit. I have about 4".)

I make corsets as well. I also alter my patterns in both lenght and width and boning amounts if needed. I also alter them to change the look of the patterns. This year I am making 3 for myself so I have a choice of what I want to wear.

So if anyone would like a custom corset for PPXI, I'd be more than happy to do it for a reasonable price.

I'd love to make some for people this year, but with weddings and moving and everything else I can't promise to have it by PP.

-Metal

I feel your pain, I'm super longwaisted as well..being totally pear shaped like I am now doesn't help any, either. Had hoped to drop some pounds this year, but my knees decided otherwise, so I'll likely skip corset night this year rather than buy a corset that I plan to be too small for within a year's time unless I can find a cheap workable one on eBay or the like (found my $300 custom Gallery Serpentine longline that I wore to my first PPUSA corset night for $99 on eBay, so there is hope..).