Could it possibly be real?!!!!!

doesnt matter whos playin there. Im not goin to hellfest again. shit fucken racist arrogant french bastards... idiots should learn how the hell to organise a damn festival

but yeah, they started sellin tickets for 2011 under the Coroner reunion banner for 99€

doesnt matter whos playin there. Im not goin to hellfest again. shit fucken racist arrogant french bastards... idiots should learn how the hell to organise a damn festival

but yeah, they started sellin tickets for 2011 under the Coroner reunion banner for 99€

It was the most organised festival I've ever been to & everyone I was with (including people who worked at the festival) agreed. Whilst there are a small number of ignorant French, it's a festival, you get dicks present at ANY festival. With Hellfest being only 20,000 capacity, there's less chance of you encountering any severe issues with people unless you are a dick who aims to cause trouble & not get on with people. Just learn to deal with it. I didn't have any serious problems all weekend & I believe Hellfest is the best festival I've ever attended & will definitely be heading back.

The 99 Euro tickets were only available for sale at the festival itself, I don't think they put 'Early Bird' tickets online.

luckily for me I met up with a shitload of new people, all british by the way cuz the french refused to speal english unless they wanted something from me...
and even a punk / metal festival in germany is a thousand times better organised than that.
and I think callin me "a dick who aims to cause trouble & not get on with people" is very uncalled for since you never met me or have any idea what my complaints are.
by the way summer breeze is alot bigger, much better organised and I met less dicks and assholes on the whole fest than I met on Hellfest just camping around me.

luckily for me I met up with a shitload of new people, all british by the way cuz the french refused to speal english unless they wanted something from me...
and even a punk / metal festival in germany is a thousand times better organised than that.
and I think callin me "a dick who aims to cause trouble & not get on with people" is very uncalled for since you never met me or have any idea what my complaints are.
by the way summer breeze is alot bigger, much better organised and I met less dicks and assholes on the whole fest than I met on Hellfest just camping around me.

I didn't actually say you ARE a dick, so aye, nae jumping to your wee conclusions there.

I met some lovely French, German, Australian & Mexican people, as well as ALL new people that I was camped with who were English. I think the way people react to you can definitely be dependant on the way in which you act towards them.

However, I really don't see where Hellfest was disorganised, so care to explain that yin to me?

k, where to start...
signs could have been bigger and spread a little more ( for people comin cars)
parkin situation was horrible, carryin your shit over a bridge, more fields and up and down a hill?!?!? o_O
toillets. emptied twice a day... at least three times is a need.
campin itself, basically wild campin, no system what so ever. so you have like 50 people run through your pavillon every couple minutes, great.
the way to the fest field, around the corner and then through a little walk way? awesome squeeze traffic like sunday night.
and only 3 gates open the first day??? we waitet almost two hours to get on the field.
and for an "International fest" the security and the people at ALL the stands spoke way to less english. sometimes they wouldn know I wanted beer. oO

and these just from the top of my head... probably more

I guess its just a different kind of experience we both had, glad you had fun and enoyed your time, I prefer better planed fests and will stick to the german ones.

k, where to start...
parkin situation was horrible, carryin your shit over a bridge, more fields and up and down a hill?!?!? o_O
campin itself, basically wild campin, no system what so ever. so you have like 50 people run through your pavillon every couple minutes, great.
the way to the fest field, around the corner and then through a little walk way? awesome squeeze traffic like sunday night.
and only 3 gates open the first day??? we waitet almost two hours to get on the field.
and for an "International fest" the security and the people at ALL the stands spoke way to less english. sometimes they wouldn know I wanted beer. oO

It's a metal fest, what did you expect, 5 star luxury?

I guess its just a different kind of experience we both had, glad you had fun and enoyed your time, I prefer better planed fests and will stick to the german ones.

Sorry to bring in stereotypes, but this post is so typically german

It's a metal fest, what did you expect it to be like, a 5 star hotel?

Sorry to bring in stereotypes, but this post is so typically german

It's a metal fest, what did you expect it to be like, a 5 star hotel?

which part? that I like Organised Fests, or that I complain when there not???

Im guessin both, so lets stay in stereotypes... I dont give a fuck :lol:

I guess im spoiled by fests that know what there doin, so Im stickin to those.

of course not, I think you get me wrong. wasnt my first fest, wont be my last. but I dont think Im askin too much when I like a little organisation on the Campground, and as I said, the german fests ALL get it right. Even the little ones, even the "fuck you" attitude punk ones

by the way... why did you add "It's a metal fest, what did you expect, 5 star luxury?" in my Quote?

tell people to stop askin me to do so...

Im beein asked to explain myself and thats all I do

1256711908729.jpg

k, where to start...

It's in France, I find it perfectly acceptable that the people who work on the stalls may not be fluent in English. People who are going there I believe should make an effort to try & learn some of the native language.

You say the camping wasn't organised because people weren't there herding you into fields? That's because they know people are civilised & smart enough to organise the spaces themselves, unlike say Download festival where they herd you around & you still end up with absolutely no space. We were directly behind the Metal Corner & had a tonne of space surrounding us & enough for a gazebo, despite the fact there was around 20 tents in our grouping.

In one day I saw the toilets emptied 3 times at least, yeah they aren't clean, but it's a festival, you just have to put up with it. Not once in the arena did I have a dirty toilet & the toilets at the Metal Corner / camp weren't even THAT bad.

The gate situation, there only was 3 gates available to enter the arena, how are they meant to deal with that any better? I didn't queue for longer than 10 minutes at any point over the weekend, but the initial entry to the arena in the early morning is always going to be busy & crowded, it's the same at any festival & you cannot deny that fact.

I walked from the campsite to the artist's parking area, which was quite a distance, with all the camping gear & I really didn't find it too bad. The layout of the festival is great for reducing walking times, I mean what, a 7 or 8 minute walk from your tent to the arena? You really don't find that at many other festivals.

But aye, each to their own. I will HAPPILY go back to Hellfest, it's such an incredible place & the effort that they make on site is amazing. The sculpture's with the fire & stuff in the main arena at night is beautiful & so much more interesting than other festivals that just have a stage in a field.

There's usually complaints about Hellfest every year. They aren't that organised at all... That's been a problem with the festival every year. They had a power cut around the camps once aswell.