Could Someone Recommend a Good Free or Inexpensive Bass Dist Plug-In?

Dec 16, 2010
Looking for a good Bass Distortion Plugin that I could use with Trilian. Looking for recommendation from both Trilian bass and real bass users.

Thanks, rapucore, but I've already tried the B.O.D. Sounds "alright", but I would like to experiment with other options. Would spend up to $20 for something good.

I use whatever works. Sometimes combining different plugs. I used Revalver (5150 basic settings, low gain) a lot with a free tube screamer emulation plugged before. Then hi/lo-passed the signal to keep the crunch only and it worked wonders blended with the regular bass tracks.

I'm sure you can get perfectly decent result with completely free plugs ---> Onquel, LePou, etc...

Thanks, Rorschach, for the band pass tip. I was using the freq knobs on the plug-in. I'm going to try some of the plug-in ideas from you guys when I get back from work.

I like TSE B.O.D., but most of the time I honestly find myself going with their guitar amp sims instead. After splitting the bass into two bands, there's not much low end on the distorted track anyway, so the guitar VST's usually handle the job very well. B.O.D is my go to when I'm just jamming bass parts or when I want something to add a little grit to the whole sound without splitting the frequencies first.

srsly, TSE has everything that you'll need!
i often use B.O.D. on the "deep" track and add the TS and the E530 sim on the distorted track, works great!