Countdown to Extinction?

Megadeth's biggest limitation has always been Dave's voice.

Or the opposite. Would you ever imagine Megadeth with different vocals than Mustaine's?
His vocals is actually what defines Megadeth in my opinion...that being said while I like his singing on the records I think he's horrible live...but anyway, his vocals IS Megadeth...

I agree with @Johnnie on that one. Dave has a `unique' voice that for me is a Megadeth signature sound.

The good news is that on their latest tour Mustaine has finally started to tune down on some songs so he can sing.

I agree with johnieczech about Mustaine's voice being a signature sound of Megadeth. That's why he re-recorded that solo album years ago with his vocals on them. People wanted to hear his voice.

I don't know how I feel about bands that detune to adjust to the singers aging voice. Black Dog didn't sound right for Zeppelin back in 2007 when they did that reunion show. They did in G rather than A. I haven't seen the rest of it but I'm afraid to.

Or the opposite. Would you ever imagine Megadeth with different vocals than Mustaine's?
His vocals is actually what defines Megadeth in my opinion...that being said while I like his singing on the records I think he's horrible live...but anyway, his vocals IS Megadeth...

I think it's telling that when Mustaine was in Metallica Hetfield did the vocals, and that was because they couldn't get John Bush.

I'll need to revisit the original version of MD.45 with Mustaine leaving the vocals to Lee Ving - that might suggest what a Megadeth without Mustaine vocals would sound like.

I think it's telling that when Mustaine was in Metallica Hetfield did the vocals, and that was because they couldn't get John Bush.

I'll need to revisit the original version of MD.45 with Mustaine leaving the vocals to Lee Ving - that might suggest what a Megadeth without Mustaine vocals would sound like.

yeah, it sucked. That's what I was referring to. Mustaine's whiny snarl was missed. Re-recording it with him on vocals was too little too late.