Counter-strike, anyone?

demon ethereal

I feel my soul go cold
Feb 29, 2004
Dallas
Hey, I just started playing CS like two weeks ago, just wondering if anyone here is a cs person. This being the tech section of the forum and all....Maybe they can give me some tips ^_~ and/or advice... plus it's just nice to have someone to share interests with...if no one else is interested in counterstrike then sorry for making this post :oops:

Sorry for my ignorance but what is Unreal Tournament? I've heard it's a very addictive multiplayer game but beyond that I am clueless.

Online multiplayer FPS (yes, it's addictive :O). Unreal Tournament 2004 is the latest in the series (was released in March I think). If you want you can download the demo that was released in February to see if you think it's worth getting or not, judging by its style etc (though it only comes with a few maps/characters). You should be able to find the demo quite easily, just google it or something if you want to give it a try.

I actually do play cs occasionally, and used to play it more than I slept, so yeah, it's probably THE most addictive multiplayer fps. Lots of people say that it's because it is mindless, and anyone can play it, but that's not true, it's because Half Life engine is a very smooth engine, and it runs great on most computer hardware configurations. Im not really a nOob, but Im no pro, sometimes Im great, sometimes I really suck, I like to mess around a lot too, but if you want to play sometime, just give me the name you use in the game, and I will join the server and play with you, and give you some tips if I see you can improve something.

hey ill get in a game with you, ive been off and on for maybe around 4-5 years. im an old cs vet hehe...anways...drop me a line and well play sometime ... aecliptica at hotmail dot com or send me a PM

I stopped playing counter strike 5 and a half years ago.when everyone started hacking, left no room for fun nor competition...

hypocrisy86 said:
I stopped playing counter strike 5 and a half years ago.when everyone started hacking, left no room for fun nor competition...
with steam and all hackers are far and few

there are stick hackers, but the vast majority of servers now have a fuck load of hack protection and there is anti hacking shit built into steam that constantly updates, and it scans your comp periodicaly when a new hack is released

try and find a working CS hack, it will prove incredibly difficult

alexhavs is quite right. Steam has alot of hack protection which seems to work pretty well. Since switching to Steam, i've found that i've had alot less problems with hackers/cheaters.

I'm not a big PC FPS fan...really outside of UT2k4, I dislike PC FPS games. But I never understood why people REALLY want to go through the trouble of finding a hack that would actually bypass Steam's hack protection. Because they have nothing else to do and want to go in and ruin peoples fun? I suppose the answer was more obvious than I thought...

hypocrisy86 said:

Dude, Beta 1 of CS only came out 5 years and 1 month ago.