Cover/ Lesson In Evil

yourdeadgroom

Black Stone Wielder
May 21, 2001
New Zealand
www.onlinerock.com
Ok, here's my attempt at a Nightingale cover- Lesson In Evil off The Breathing Shadow. It is severly altered/screwed with, so it may be a good idea to go listen to the original first, just so you can see how it relates. 90% of the music is Dan's, just screwed with alot, leaving notes out, changing key, etc... I did write some of my own harmony parts in order to flesh it out, but I tried hard to just use the original material.
I decided to leave the vocals off- I'm not a good enough singer to be able to do what I had in mind, and I couldn't be bothered with having a sore throat for the next few days by doing growls (I was gonna use clean & growled vocals, it's very much a death/doom thing ;)). Rather than bugger up some rather cool guitar work by tacking on crappy vocals, I deided to let the guitars do it all (it's melodic anyway, so it's not a big deal). If you want to sing along (think of it as an interactive cover :D ), the format is: Verse 1, verse 2, verse 3, pre-chorus 1, pre-chorus 2, chorus (remember to growl here!!), bridge 1, bridge 2.

Anyway, without further ado, here it is:
http://doomed_to_solitude.tripod.com/Sounds/YDG_LessonInEvil.MP3

Appologies go out to Dan, for breaking his song :lol:

Yeah, it seems to come and go :err: I'm supposed to have 1 gig bandwidth, but it looks as if there is a 5 meg per hour limit (which I can't find them mention anywhere- no mentions of limits at all, but I'm going by the graph of usage on my site). This creates problems when the flie is more than 5 meg! Once one person downloads the file, it shuts down for an hour or so :confused:

It works for me right now, so maybe just try a few times, if you can be bothered :err:. Strange........

Woo hoo, I finally got it to work!

You win in the category for heaviest cover so far, and perhaps for most altered. It's too bad we have no vocals. I will have to try singing along next time I listen.

You and Claret have almost completely opposite interpretations of the song. :)