Covers that would suit Opeth

I also think that Mike can make an amazing cover of Still Got the Blues by Gary Moore. He's obviously very good at bluesy moods so he can do wonders with this one.

Out of all songs in any way related to the word blues, I find that one to be the worst. God its awful. And actually not even that bluesy.

I'd like to hear Opeth cover the following songs:

Long Cool Women In A Black Dress - The Hollies

Low - Cracker

Like Angels Weeping (The Dark) - Kataklysm, Mikael's voice would really do this song justice. The instrumental parts of the song are excellent but the vocals sound terrible (no offence intended).

id like to hear opeth do emperor covers but like old emperor like in the night side eclipse it seems kind of dumb but with the opeth spin on it i think it might be kind of neat since some of the older opeth albums have alot of black metal spin on it

A Death cover: "Sacred Serenity".

Morbid Angel's "God of Emptiness" and Metallica's "To live is To Die" are great ideas too.

It just occurred to me that Opeth could do an amazing cover of Focus's Hocus Pocus.

I also want to hear Mikael yodel. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
i know they already did a Celtic Frost cover, but they should cover more of CF's stuff. opeth knows what they're doing and how not to screw up covers of good bands like frost.

Metallica - "Fade To Black"

I'd like to see Mikael growl this "No one but me can save myself, but it's too late
Now I can't think, think why I should even try
Yesterday seems as though it never existed
Death Greets me warm, now I will just say good-bye "

In Flames - "Jester Script Transfigured"

The verse should be clean instead of distorted vocals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Camel - never let go..

was this already mentioned?
sorry I didn't read the whole thread...