Covers

Kem

Very cynical
Apr 15, 2001
Brisbane
Visit site
Have Opeth ever covered any songs? If so... which ones? And while we're on the subject of covers, what song/s would you like to see Opeth cover. I'd like to see them do something different, like The Sounds of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel or something equally wacky :D

"Circle of the Tyrants" by Celtic Frost and
"Remember Tomorrow" by Iron Maiden, both are bonus tracks on Candlelight's MAYH re-release.

Heh, sorry, no, they can't really do The Sound of Silence, Nevermore got to that one first.

I'd like to hear them do "Battle of Evermore" by Led Zeppelin (wouldn't Opeth be the best band to do that song?)

Oh yeah, Opeth version of Mrs. Robinson "And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson, Jesus loves you more than you will know..." that'll just roll of Mike's tongue. Maybe he could do that song entirely in death vocals? Then, they can do Cecilia. That'll be great.

Actually, maybe they could do Mrs. Robinson, and modify the lyrics, y'know, "Opethize" them.

"And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson, tainted crestfallen dogmas in the moor... ooh ooh ooh... god bless you please, Mrs. Robinson, fall of Autumn over the moon-dogged lake... hey hey hey..."

Perhaps an entire best of the Bay City Rollers cover album? And I believe luke's Opeth Christmas mix suggestion is still on on the table...

"....except maybe one from Black Sabbath." Something from Never Say Die or Technical Ecstasy, but other than that, he didn't sound too crazy about doing anymore. O'well. My favorite cover still to this day is Remember Tomorrow. :)

If they did another, I'd like to hear, hm, shit. That's a tough one. Eh...I can't think. It's too early and Mr. Bungle's, Carousel is puking right now...LMAO! What a fucking nut.

I like what Opeth does as is. Not knowing what to expect. It's one of the reasons I love the music. But, if they do a Black Sabbath cover...KILLER! I'll get it. That's respectable. Cover the legends. Could you imagine like, 30 years from now when someone considers covering the legendary OPETH!

LYNN

Originally posted by HoserHellspawn
"And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson, tainted crestfallen dogmas in the moor... ooh ooh ooh... god bless you please, Mrs. Robinson, fall of Autumn over the moon-dogged lake... hey hey hey..."

:lol: moon-dogged lake...hey hey HEY????? what a nut... :lol:

Why doesn't Mike write an epic childrens' story? They can do some kind of funky ABC chord progression and he can narrate the story in death vocals. Something like a retelling of Bluebeard or Hansel and Gretel.

Bluebeard has total Demon of the Fall potential.
Do I have any credibility after posting this kind of shit?