Covers of others' work you'd like to see Opeth do

Mirrored Ghost said:
You mean "Carmina Burana"?? That could be interesting, but with or without vocals?? Can you picture Mikael singing to that??? :D

That's the one! I thnk you'd have to have the full choir for the chorus, but Mikael would easily be able to handle the rest of the vocals alright. It's obviously a choral piece, but as there is no copyright on the music, it would be possible to write a variation of it to allow the best of Opeth's style to come through. It would be a challenge to Mikael's songwriting skills, but judging by his record so far, he's more that up to it!

Palmer Eldritch said:
Hey, that's an interesting choice. I don't think Mike could pull off the vocals, though.
its not about him doing HER vocals, as much as it is about him doing his own rendition of the song and her vocals. know what i mean? i think it could be cool. It would be like what Damnation could have sounded like...and by that, i mean much better. :)

ShroudOfDusk said:
Hahaha, interesting idea there dorian. Alternatively, they could re-record all the material from the last 3 albums in their back shed, like in the good old days.
you mean like in a wood shed? with all the chainsaws and stuff? mmmmm....good old days.